Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replika R241 Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.

I'm getting these wheels for the winter in replacement of my current Uberturbine (I have a 2022 m3p).

On the site where I'm ordering (wheelwiz) they suggest an "installation kit" which includes LUG NUTS/BOLTS, KEY & CENTERING RINGS (copied from their description).

Is this necessary? Why use new bolts when you can just reuse the existing ones? Or is it that the existing ones won't fit?

Anybody else with a similar setup?

Thanks

That time of year. Winters are on.

8C2021B5-BD3D-4FCD-847E-6FCA4F36D0F4.jpeg

On the site where I'm ordering (wheelwiz) they suggest an "installation kit" which includes LUG NUTS/BOLTS, KEY & CENTERING RINGS (copied from their description).

Is this necessary? Why use new bolts when you can just reuse the existing ones? Or is it that the existing ones won't fit?
I didn't get any of this (bought somewhere else). The original lug nuts work but my 21mm impact socket barely fits in the holes. As a result, there are some vibrations that seem to hit the sides of the holes and the paint has chipped in some areas. I suspect alternative lug nuts might be thinner to prevent this?

My R241s "stick" to the car and I need to hammer them with a rubber mallet to take them off. I also need to be real careful when installing them to seat all 5 nuts before torquing to make sure the wheel is all the way in. Something's a bit tight. Maybe that centering thing helps?

Just letting you guys know I did a video on this:

Also I have a promo code for $100 off in the video!

So far 50k miles in over a year, just one small curb rash but no issues. Solid as a rock. HIGHLY recommended.
Thanks for resharing! I watched this a while back and that's when I ordered but forgot that you said you didn't need any accessories for these. Do you remove your lug covers before taking it in for a rotation or do they take care of them?

• Love
Reactions: everydaychris
Different person but I got charged somewhere between $120-150 for all four tires.
Got it. Thanks, I was trying to get quotes from multiple tire shops but most refused to put on used tires. They can only provide the service if I buy their new tires. One of the shops who gave me a quote was Midas and it was $120, so it is aligned with the price you mentioned.