Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replying to service text

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the mobile rangers are now back on the road: I got a SMS asking me to confirm the address by reply for rearranging the previously cancelled appointment. However I've run into a snag, the phone number the message came from is not accepting my SMS replies. I've tried calling it and I get a stock computerised message about setting up a new URL for the system...

Any suggestions? Try the Stockport SC?

Looks like the mobile rangers are now back on the road: I got a SMS asking me to confirm the address by reply for rearranging the previously cancelled appointment. However I've run into a snag, the phone number the message came from is not accepting my SMS replies. I've tried calling it and I get a stock computerised message about setting up a new URL for the system...

Is it possibly because it’s an international number and you don’t have any PAYG credit for international texts? Just a thought.

Add to the service request text in the Tesla app? Or did that get deleted when it was cancelled

Yup, the original request is gone from the app.

I've also checked the phone and I can send messages to other numbers so it's not that. The error message I get is along the lines of "Message not sent. Phone number formatting is incorrect". I've since deleted the original message and tried typing the number in manually (rather than just pressing "reply") but I get the same message when I try to send.

If I get no joy tonight I'll give the SC a call tomorrow.

I had a "failed MMS" when I tried to reply to a text yesterday. Fortunately they had given me an email address in the text [email protected] and asked that I put my VIN in the subject and a 10 digit code they gave me. You could maybe try emailing with your VIN?

• Informative
Reactions: Cwmwd