Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Report after one week. Doors, mirrors etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my y on 11 Dec. We also have a M3, so getting into and driving at the outset was not a problem. I picked up the car from Mt Kisco... no problems and very helpful staff there.

I got the car set up and took off for home in upstate NY, a four hour drive...actually five for my back-road preferences. First onto the Sawmill River Parkway at Mt Kisco. WHAT?! can't see in the drivers side mirror ... its looking at the ground. On these crowded parkways that is not good. I'm sure I set it up. First opportunity, quite a way on, I pulled over and reset it... don't do it while driving! A few days later I realized that when I reversed the mirror got stuck in the tilt down mode. Doesn't do that anymore. But I did also notice that even tilted all the way out and up, the drivers side mirror is still not as "high" as I would like. I have to scrunch down a bit to see what I want. I am not that tall, but I do have the seat a bit high. I have noticed that others have this complaint as well.

Drive was great.

A few days later I use the app to warm up the car to take my wife to the hospital. App says a window is open. I use the app to close the window. Then I go into the garage to throw something into the passenger side seat. Then the door won't close. Fortunately I only tried once or twice... but even so got a small scratch on the front window trim. Window is up and won't open or close. Have to use our other car!

Later window works as usual, door can be closed. ??? Did some resetting of windows...everything is fine.

Overall car is very nice. Ride is a bit rough (for the price).

Suggest reading up on various "resetting" techniques.

I picked up my y on 11 Dec. We also have a M3, so getting into and driving at the outset was not a problem. I picked up the car from Mt Kisco... no problems and very helpful staff there.

I got the car set up and took off for home in upstate NY, a four hour drive...actually five for my back-road preferences. First onto the Sawmill River Parkway at Mt Kisco. WHAT?! can't see in the drivers side mirror ... its looking at the ground. On these crowded parkways that is not good. I'm sure I set it up. First opportunity, quite a way on, I pulled over and reset it... don't do it while driving! A few days later I realized that when I reversed the mirror got stuck in the tilt down mode. Doesn't do that anymore. But I did also notice that even tilted all the way out and up, the drivers side mirror is still not as "high" as I would like. I have to scrunch down a bit to see what I want. I am not that tall, but I do have the seat a bit high. I have noticed that others have this complaint as well.

Drive was great.

A few days later I use the app to warm up the car to take my wife to the hospital. App says a window is open. I use the app to close the window. Then I go into the garage to throw something into the passenger side seat. Then the door won't close. Fortunately I only tried once or twice... but even so got a small scratch on the front window trim. Window is up and won't open or close. Have to use our other car!

Later window works as usual, door can be closed. ??? Did some resetting of windows...everything is fine.

Overall car is very nice. Ride is a bit rough (for the price).

Suggest reading up on various "resetting" techniques.
There is a fix for the auto dimming side mirrors not tilting up far enough. Supposedly the SC fix is to remove 3 tabs from the mirror mount. Here is a thread where the owner removed 2 of the 3 tabs.
2021 Model Y Sideview Mirrors Limited Adjustability

Not all SC may yet be aware of this fix.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung