Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Report on supercharger usage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a place to view how much energy I've consumed from Superchargers? I am in the free supercharging program, but Tesla must meter it because they bill other folks, right? Curious because I am calculating how much it costs to drive my MS. At 5000mi I have used about $187 of electricity without netting out my Supercharger sessions. I suspect I am closer to $150 after netting out SC-acquired juice. Regardless, way better than my 15mpg car previous to the MS, nearly $800 of savings versus gas in just 5,000 miles!

Reactions: Xd85
If you subscribe to TeslaFi, it tracks all your charging sessions for you, including breaking out Supercharging from a/c charging. If you have the connector and OBD2 dongle for Scan My Tesla, you can also access the BMS on your Tesla, where it keeps track off all a/c vs d/c charging in terms of total kwh used by each.

• Informative
Reactions: ILLCOMM and Xd85
If you subscribe to TeslaFi, it tracks all your charging sessions for you, including breaking out Supercharging from a/c charging. If you have the connector and OBD2 dongle for Scan My Tesla, you can also access the BMS on your Tesla, where it keeps track off all a/c vs d/c charging in terms of total kwh used by each.

Oh! Where is the OBD2 port? I have a WiFi reader. Is Scan My Tesla an app? Maybe my dongle will work with it.

I rolled my own TeslaFi in Google Sheets (which I am happy to share) as I didn't trust TeslaFi since they have no privacy policy and the data they collect his sensitive and personal.

Last edited:
Oh! Where is the OBD2 port? I have a WiFi reader. Is Scan My Tesla an app? Maybe my dongle will work with it.

You can start here

I rolled my own TeslaFi in Google Sheets (which I am happy to share) as I didn't trust TeslaFi since they have no privacy policy and the data they collect his sensitive and personal.

Well, that is a personal dilemma and we all have to weigh the pros and cons of potentially giving up some privacy in return for useful utility.... I may feel differently if something happens, but right now TeslaFi's utility outweighs any potential loss of privacy for me...