Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Report yourself high mileage and repairs to date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I couldn’t find this I’m the threads, please redirect me if you are aware of a similar thread. I’m just curious to see where people are at in regards to “high mileage.” I’ve seen that 450miles model x, but wondering how consistent their experience is in our community.

What is your car year and model?
How many miles do you have on your X?
What repairs have you had to date?
When do you plan on selling and why?

My response:
-2016 90D
-80,000 miles
-Repairs: both FWD sensors, driver side sensors, and rear wing due to plastic material deteriorating. Sending in Monday for FWD leaking. 2 sets of tires, but not a repair just thought I’d share. Also had the brakes checked and requested service, but they said they checked them and they were fine with no need to service.
-I don’t plan on selling the vehicle

• Informative
Reactions: Aaron14902
Oct 2016 P100
62,500 miles
- all below items repaired under warranty:
- Drivers door window mechanism replaced once, about to have it replaced again
- Drivers side FWD intermittently not opening on command. Warranty service appointment scheduled for this on Aug 11th.
- black plastic wheel trim over right rear wheel replaced
- automatic driver's door opener motor replaced twice
- charge port door and mechanism replaced
- I do not plan to sell anytime soon. Love the car.

2016 P100D 120k
replaced front axles twice due to vibration, LF wheel speed sensor replaced, Top glass panels Falcon door due to seal deterioration, Replaced front brakes, Replaced AC compressor. Otherwise been great car.

I started my own thread somewhere here but:
2018 XP100D
150k miles (more than half of that supercharging )
~9% loss per teslafi
Never took for scheduled services
AC compressor failure at 63k out of warranty
Burn thru tires approx every 35k miles on stock Pirelli 22s
Won’t sell this as been good car and with this many miles won’t get good price. I also have free supercharging

2016 MX 90D ~48k Miles
- Passenger falcon door latch
- Dead 12V battery
- All 4 tires (at around 30k)
- Front door actuators (driver and passenger)
- Upper control arm (suspension creaking)
- MCU1 to MCU2
- Roof spine applique detaching (fixed myself)

Reactions: TigerTan
84,600 and I am having my “therm sys, elec batt heater” replaced after receiving a message on my dash. Good thing I picked up the extended warranty through XCare in January.
Quick update, repaired for ~$1200 (included $105 diagnosis). XCare paid over the phone (minus my $100 deductible) and reimbursed for a rental. Really easy in case anyone was wondering about an extended warranty. Crossing my fingers I’m good for a while.

2016 75D with 111,000 miles.
Tires every 30-35k miles. Passenger side mirror repaired because it wouldn’t fold in anymore. Buttons for falcon wing doors replaced because the old one broke. Onboard charger failed a year into ownership. My driver side window regulator will be replaced on Thursday. Overall, pretty reliable vehicle.

Quick update, repaired for ~$1200 (included $105 diagnosis). XCare paid over the phone (minus my $100 deductible) and reimbursed for a rental. Really easy in case anyone was wondering about an extended warranty. Crossing my fingers I’m good for a while.

May I ask how much you paid for your XCare coverage? Did it kick in after the initial Tesla 4 year warranty expired? And lastly, did you have to confirm with XCare that the issue was covered before you brought it in for Tesla service? Many thanks in advance for your help!

May I ask how much you paid for your XCare coverage? Did it kick in after the initial Tesla 4 year warranty expired? And lastly, did you have to confirm with XCare that the issue was covered before you brought it in for Tesla service? Many thanks in advance for your help!
4-6k, they have several options. Extended warranty starts when the mft warranty ends.
Claim process: Call the XCare number to open a new claim, open the service request with Tesla to get a repair estimate. Once Tesla sends the final invoice, call XCare to have them pay Tesla then pay the $100 deductible to Tesla when picking up the car.

The claim process was very easy when my MCU1 had issues and Tesla SC recommended MCU2 as the replacement. XCare paid for my MCU2 and Radio module. PM me if you have more questions.

2018 100D 7-seat

High Voltage battery replaced at about 68K under warranty
second row sliding seat locking mechanism malfunction at about 50k under warranty

free supercharging and extended warranty purchased makes it hard to sell

2016 P100D, 6 seats
100% charge estimates approx 265 miles
  • Active spoiler
  • Both front window regulators
  • Center console stopped latching
  • Both front door soft close latches
  • Driver front door speaker blown
  • Both front hubs, halfshafts, clevis mount
  • Driver, rear seat no longer tilted; replaced seat
  • Replaced U-joint on steering shaft
Needs to go in for the following, but I'm not in a rush since I need the car:
  • Auto-open intermittently not picking up keyfob
  • Passenger seat heater no longer works
  • Driver seat does not recall forward/backward position
  • Falcon door sensor intermittently failing to read obstacles
All work has been covered under XCare! I'm really glad I picked up that warranty. No plans to sell. I still think AP1 is the best implementation to date and I have zero desire for vision based FSD. Free charging and connectivity is great as well.

• Informative
Reactions: SUP THO
2016 90D
94,000 miles

During 50K warranty
  • BMS failure; system, 12v battery and BMS cable harness replaced
  • Vibration issue with parts replaced twice
  • Complete repaint after initial delivery
Post 50k out of warranty (did not purchase)
  • 12v battery replace 1st) $300 2nd) under warranty based on 1st purchase
  • Upgraded both front door latch systems updated during mid 2017 builds - $800
  • One window regulator - Replaced myself - purchased for $100 off ebay
  • One b-pillar camera failure and replacement - $150
Ugrades
  • Purchased FSD during build Nov 2016 - $8,000 as part of original purchase
  • Free upgrade to HW3
  • Free upgraded cameras to support FSD beta
  • MCU2 - $1500
Love the car and will not be selling

I have enjoyed the latest versions of Autopilot/FSD capabilities since day one (even though it took 6 months from delivery to even get basic cruise control). Based on several cross-country trips with full utilization of NOA the feature is a game changer. Until you take several 12 hour trips with 0 driving fatigue at the end of the day, you wouldn't understand. I have one piece of advise for the struggling autopilot drivers. Switch from critically correcting how your car drives while in autopilot to monitoring autopilot. Do not burden yourself on how you would have handled basic driving differently. But, rather monitor that it is driving safely and be ready to take over quickly. I rest my hand on the bottom of the wheel at all times monitoring through feel.