Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reporting Destination Charger Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay folks, - here follows my little contribution to that topic. ;)

Maybe this feedback will help some people here to understand the whole matter somewhat better and / or different. It shows pretty well where the problems are in the whole process.

Kind regards
lorn10

Hi! I am experiencing the same issue with NO support from Tesla at all.
Hotel is in Wernigerode, Germany. One DC is for Tesla only, another for all EVs. Installed end of 2015. Since this year all the EVs older than 2020 can not charge at DC, it just does not recognize the EV. I have no idea why and since August 2020 I cannot get any support from Tesla. They just do not responce to any emails or calls.

Are there any telefone number of such a "lady"? Do you know any information how to contact them?
The charging is working fine with the Tesla cars and cars older than 2020. That is why I am thinking, it is just a software failure...

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• SN Nummer.jpg
    SN Nummer.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 83
That should be the responsibility of the property it's located on. Complain to them. Tesla installed many of them for free, but that was the end of their involvment.
That's the problem, they gave them for free and will not maintain them and the property owners do not know who to reach out to for repairs or replacement even when you call Tesla when they stop working

Another destination charger story (with happy ending, but shows systematic failure). On a trip down the Pacific Coast I selected the Quality Inn in Eureka CA, because it was marked on the Tesla's Destination Charger Map, with 4 chargers in the hotel parking area. The chargers availability was also mentioned in Hotel.com reservation site.
After connecting my Model 3 (but had no juice), when checking in at night, I told the hotel manager that the charger isn't operational.
His reply was that because of Covid-19 (oh yeah....) the independent operator of the chargers (and NOT the hotel) turned off the electrical supply, to save (what?).
I mentioned to him that the charger is THE reason why I had chosen his hotel and this is unacceptable.
Happy end-
Within minutes, Andy-the nice hotel manager- had called someone, who told him what switch on the electrical panel to press, and walla, the juice started to flow. See picture.

By the way- some statistics:
This was part of my LA-Portland-LA trip, during which I charged 17 times at Superchargers . I calculated that my average charge is $10.24 to"fill 'er up". That is for Model 3, standard range. I also charged at 3 destination chargers- at hotels on the way, which means my total saving was $33. Woopee.

IMG_5052.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Puma2020
His reply was that because of Covid-19 (oh yeah....) the independent operator of the chargers (and NOT the hotel) turned off the electrical supply, to save (what?).
I mentioned to him that the charger is THE reason why I had chosen his hotel and this is unacceptable.
Happy end-
Within minutes, Andy-the nice hotel manager- had called someone, who told him what switch on the electrical panel to press, and walla, the juice started to flow.
Since very few people were traveling during the pandemic, they probably figured they'd save a bit of money by switching the chargers off.

Tesla chargers tend to leak electricity when not plugged into a car. After leaving my car unplugged at home for about a week with the charge cable dangling instead of properly stowed in the notch on the side of the charger, I had a small puddle of electrons on the garage floor. Got quite a shock when I tried to clean it up!

• Funny
Reactions: JimmyB
Since very few people were traveling during the pandemic, they probably figured they'd save a bit of money by switching the chargers off.

Tesla chargers tend to leak electricity when not plugged into a car. After leaving my car unplugged at home for about a week with the charge cable dangling instead of properly stowed in the notch on the side of the charger, I had a small puddle of electrons on the garage floor. Got quite a shock when I tried to clean it up!
Oh yes, eureka (as in Quality Inn, Eureka CA), similar to Hawking's radiation. the hotel (I.e the black hole) is emitting radiation/particles (I.e electric charge of the power company) from the unplugged Tesla Charger.
As far as we know- this is against all the quantum mechanics rules.

Give me a break.

Tesla finally got in touch! In Europe is another address [email protected]
And I have also contacted through the dealership and it worked finally.

The problem was solved dramatically easy. Inside the box are two small orange switches. One was on "ON" setting. You should put it into "OFF" and the box is ready for all the vehicles.
I do not understand why such an easy solution wasn't offered by Tesla before 'facepalm'