TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Reporting on Tesla by Russ Mitchell (LA Times)

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Fact Checking, Jun 26, 2019.

1. SoGA Fan Club

SoGA Fan Club Supporting Member

Nice job. I have to give you credit. You found 2 in 10 years time.

How long after Van Susteren did this piece was she fired? 4 months?

I recall the Model 3 review, but had forgotten about it.

This is the kind of stuff I am used to seeing:

Tesla Driver Apparently Caught Sleeping at the Wheel at 60mph
    Tesla Dog Mode Dangerous Flaw - Note that they never mentioned Cabin Overheat Protection in that article.
    Feds Probe Inaccurate Tesla Safety Claims
    Tesla Deliveries Down 31% in 1st Quarter - odd, I couldn't find a story about last quarter's record deliveries
    Tesla China Fire Caused by Faulty Battery Module
    NTSB: Tesla AutoPilot was Engaged Before Fatal Crash
    NTSB Report Says California Tesla Driver was using Autopilot When he hit a Fire Truck
    Porsche has more than 30,000 orders for its Tesla-fighting Taycan Electric Car - note the BS specs Fox gave for the Taycan.
    "The production version of the Taycan is scheduled to be unveiled in early September with all-wheel-drive, 600 hp, a range over 300 miles and the ability to be charged to 80 percent in just 15 minutes at the company’s network of 800-volt stations. Final pricing hasn’t been revealed, but it is expected to start under $100,000."

See the manipulation? I could probably list 250 articles from Fox just like those. Those were just a few of the 2019 articles.

• Love x 1
  2. Fossil Fool

Fossil Fool Member

Good news is no news.

3. ggr

ggr Expert in Dunning-Kruger Effect!

My first thought before looking at the actual video was that "Greta" meant Thunberg... and I was amazed that Fox would admit she existed.

• Like x 2
  4. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler We Are Cognitive Dissidents

Yeah. I was put in the position today of kinda defending Faux Noize. I am self-prescribing two hours of Thunberg to try to get the stench off. :eek: :eek: :eek:

...I don't NOT "see manipulation." There's manipulation. I'm calling out a one-dimensional oversimplification because it does not address (explain nor predict) some significant aspects of the manipulation campaign.

I wish someone investigate-y like Greg Palast would follow the Koch Bucks. There were ten million Koch Bux a year, to start with and when Operation Fueling US ForwarD went below the radar, who's to say the Bux didn't increase? Anyway, where did they go?
    The Koch Bux are to further the attempted "Tuckering" of Tesla. Aligned with the Kochs' Tuckers are Poor Jim "Distributed Solar" Chanos, Buffet, some at the SEC, and then all the r/EnoughMuskSpam edgelords. Good luck mapping all that onto one end of a Left-Right continuum!

Noam' Sane?

• Like x 1
  5. SoGA Fan Club

SoGA Fan Club Supporting Member

Well, they sit particularly bad with me, because I did not really know how bad they were until I became a Tesla fan in 2012. As a conservative libertarian, I didn't particularly agree with Fox News, but I didn't agree with any other MSM very much either. But, TBH, I did feel like Fox was more honest than the others because they were the ONE that was saying something DIFFERENT from the others, who were all saying pretty much the same thing.

So when I became a Tesla fan, the very first thing I read on a Tesla Yahoo forum was that Ford got a govt bailout. I told the poster he was crazy and that my beloved Ford did NOT get any gov't money at all. They stood on their own 2 feet and made America proud. Then I got schooled and educated. How had Fox NOT told me this information? Then I started learning more about Tesla, and when Fox would talk about Tesla, I'd say to myself, "that isn't correct". Soon what they were doing became apparent. And I was disgusted.

But to be clear, I was already partially disgusted. As a person who overall supports the mission of the armed forces, and the police force, I try to be supportive of the members of each. In any type of news involving the police, I go into it with a very slight bias to the police officer(s). However, I still have a very open mind. And some of these cases are SO freaking BAD that I want them to take the cop out and execute him right NOW (my emotion, not what I'd actually want to do). Then later that evening I'd see Sean Hannity defending the cop(s). WHAT!! That was the beginning of my hatred of Fox News. You do good cops a disservice when you defend the very worst, and BLATANTLY guilty (check the Mesa, AZ shooting of a man in a hotel lying on the floor for a perfect example). You also make yourself look like an idiot to anyone who has half a brain. But, being a person who does not conform to any one overall political policy or belief (ie, I may be very conservative on one subject (gun rights), and very liberal on another (drug use)) - I see the crap from every news organization. Everyone is pushing their agenda, with no regard for the truth, and definitely not the whole truth.

• Love x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

I loved your post. Every bit of it.

• Like x 1
  7. Puma2020

Puma2020 Member

I know this thread is about a year old now, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. What most people do not get, myself included for several years, Tesla is NOT just a car company! Yes, they do sell some interesting cars and they are getting better at it, but they are much more than what they are perceived to be. Elon is a visionary. He may have trouble getting us common (non-visionary) folks to understand what he sees, much like others like Steve Jobs, but he is a driver to the ultimate goal. Elon has stated the ultimate goal, revolutionize the world. Yes, he over promises and under delivers a LOT. He needs to learn about the Scotty Principle. However, not many CEOs or companies would have taken Australia's bet to install the Hornsdale project in such a short time frame. Elon believed and then got the company to succeed. It took me several years to understand that Tesla was different and looking at the company as just any other company is not going to work. The usual reporting is that it can't be done. Space-X will never succeed at recycling rockets. Tesla will never succeed at making EVs. The Boring company will never work. It took me years to realize that I didn't see his visions (what IS HE smoking?) and maybe I didn't need to. You don't need to drink the Kool-Aid to enjoy the ride. It took me years to realize that the cars, energy products, rockets, Starlink (ok, I get this with having to deal with Comcast, or Charter or Direct TV, etc... but is dealing with Tesla any better?) and maybe the tunneling (I still don't get this part yet), the company is changing things.
    Disclaimer: I am long on TSLA now! Sadly didn't come to this realization early enough (like at $75/share, or $150/share or even $250/share) but come on in, the Kool-Aid is fine.

• Like x 1