Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reports of upcoming V11 fixes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
latest update seems good. Noticed quicker acceleration in autopilot. I do have acceleration boost though. Don’t know if that matters...
Happy they kept the seat heaters where they should be. They did lower the steering wheel heater 2 inches. I’m sure there will be complaints about that.

• Funny
Reactions: Madsen203
What do you mean by that? Mind including a picture of the screen?
752AEC53-9002-4A3D-BA0A-405E7EDBD943.jpeg

so the latest update did not move the front/rear defroster to a more accessible place. On a recent trip, I determined it takes 3 touches to turn on the defroster. That is a little excessive.
I've never understood why the defrosters are in the heating screen at all .. sure they are implemented using heat, but so what? They are a driving thing (like windshield wipers), not a cabin comfort thing.

I've never understood why the defrosters are in the heating screen at all .. sure they are implemented using heat, but so what? They are a driving thing (like windshield wipers), not a cabin comfort thing.
They use the same systems - fan, ducts, A/C and heater. In every other car they are part of the same control structure. Often times the defroster is combined with the heater to help heat the cabin and defrost the windshield and since they use the same fan, using the front vents takes air away from the dash vents.

With electronic/touchscreen controls there’s no reason they *have* to be grouped but I think most people group them conceptually.

Reactions: WhiteWi
You mean like voice commands?

Kidding of course, I very much get what you are saying. Physical switches, knobs, sliders all had value as you didn't necessarily need to take your eyes off the road.
Voice commands most definitely require you to take your eyes off the road - you push the button, say the command, then when either nothing happens or the wrong thing happens you look down at the screen to see exactly what the car heard and what it did! 😝