Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reports of upcoming V11 fixes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can say, on the hot day I test drove a MY, when I went to open the door, the exterior metal of the gray car I drove was searingly hot. A nearby white car, much cooler. This made the decision to get a white car easy, despite liking - and still liking - some of the colors.

Last edited:
Safely, but with more distraction. I have reported one V11 issue to Transport Canada that I do believe affects safety. It's now very easy for the passenger to obscure the driving display when they tap their temperature icon. The climate page covers all adjacent traffic and the blind spot camera, and only the driver should be allowed to do that. The same thing happened with the V10 fan icon was tapped, but the passenger would have very little reason to do that.
When a passenger taps the temperature display, do they also block the rear and side view mirrors, or prevent you from looking over your shoulder before you change lanes?

You are in control of the vehicle and responsible for checking those things, and not relying on a camera or visualization of traffic on the screen. Your eyes should be on the road and where your car is heading, when maneuvering. Even if it was working correctly and you hit another vehicle, insurance or the police aren’t going to care that you checked your blind spot camera and you swear there wasn’t a car in the lane when you merged. They will ticket you for driving unsafely, and find you at fault in the accident.

Don’t rely solely on the visualization or camera for active driving decisions. Use your actual eyeballs to look at the actual road and the vehicles/obstacles around you.

Tesla won't be quick about the updated fixes. Really not bothered the menus are a bit hidden compared to the previous OS. I still enjoy driving my Tesla.

There is nothing to contribute to this thread. Everyone already expressed their likes or dislikes and what everyones preferences are. Mods should lock this thread up bc it doesn’t serve any purpose anymore.
Found your universe location. Somewhere in Nepal.

Friend, in his 60s, ran a tint shop for over a decade. He claims to have a study that auto paint color isn't the major cause of heat in the cabin. It's the windows.

Quoted a study that claims only a 1.5f degree difference in cabin temp between a white car and a black car.

I'll try to have him find the study for me.
I’d totally believe this. An easy way to test this is to put your hand on the roof/ceiling and then put your hand on the window. The window will be markedly hotter.

Like I said above, the only surface of the cabin ‘shell’ in Teslas that’s not glass is the bottom half of the doors. One of the big reasons I use a sunroof screen in my car is to reduce solar heat gain.

Like I said above, the only surface of the cabin ‘shell’ in Teslas that’s not glass is the bottom half of the doors. One of the big reasons I use a sunroof screen in my car is to reduce solar heat gain.
I'm actually hoping one of the aftermarket suppliers will develop an internal "beanie" for the glass roof. It gets hella cold in the winter and there's a notable convection of cold air coming down. I'd be happy to lose the view in order to have a bit more comfort in the cabin.

Reactions: sckor
When a passenger taps the temperature display, do they also block the rear and side view mirrors, or prevent you from looking over your shoulder before you change lanes?

You are in control of the vehicle and responsible for checking those things, and not relying on a camera or visualization of traffic on the screen. Your eyes should be on the road and where your car is heading, when maneuvering. Even if it was working correctly and you hit another vehicle, insurance or the police aren’t going to care that you checked your blind spot camera and you swear there wasn’t a car in the lane when you merged. They will ticket you for driving unsafely, and find you at fault in the accident.

Don’t rely solely on the visualization or camera for active driving decisions. Use your actual eyeballs to look at the actual road and the vehicles/obstacles around you.
Obviously those are the primary checks and that's still part of Driving 101. I'm not suggesting anything different. The fact remains that with these additional aids being available, drivers will use them. My only point is that the passenger should not have the ability to hide any of the driver's display. There is virtually no need for the passenger to open the full climate page because all the controls they normally need are on the mini-page. They wouldn't be changing fan speed and vent directions often, if at all. Temperature and seat heat are another story altogether - Tesla's implementation of "automatic" control simply does not work well in cold climates.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Obviously those are the primary checks and that's still part of Driving 101. I'm not suggesting anything different. The fact remains that with these additional aids being available, drivers will use them. My only point is that the passenger should not have the ability to hide any of the driver's display. There is virtually no need for the passenger to open the full climate page because all the controls they normally need are on the mini-page. They wouldn't be changing fan speed and vent directions often, if at all. Temperature and seat heat are another story altogether - Tesla's implementation of "automatic" control simply does not work well in cold climates.
Driver primary display which is your speedometer and car visualization is never covered by passenger or any one for that matter.

Driver primary display which is your speedometer and car visualization is never covered by passenger or any one for that matter.
In fact, the climate page does cover the car visualization as well. I had a coincidental experience today - I was driving on the highway, rounding a curve uphill into the setting sun on a very clear day. I have never been so completely blinded while I was in control of a car. I could not see any traffic except what was beside me. I had no idea how far I was behind the next vehicle. I slowed down but had no idea if the vehicles ahead had done the same thing. I was able to deal with the situation by keeping the car in the middle of the lane and judging the separation ahead from what was shown on the driving display. After assuring that the situation was stable, I engaged TACC and Autosteer until I regained visual reference. Now, if my passenger had chosen that moment to tap their temperature control, a stressful situation would have become downright dangerous.

I'm actually hoping one of the aftermarket suppliers will develop an internal "beanie" for the glass roof. It gets hella cold in the winter and there's a notable convection of cold air coming down. I'd be happy to lose the view in order to have a bit more comfort in the cabin.
There are plenty of sunroof shades available. They aren’t as good as a layer of insulation but they help quite a bit. Essentially they isolate the layer of air by next to the glass and block radiant heat loss/gain. I had one in all summer and found it helped quite a bit. I’d actually thought about putting it back up in the winter but haven’t tried it yet. I’ll post back if I get a chance to do it.

There are plenty of sunroof shades available. They aren’t as good as a layer of insulation but they help quite a bit. Essentially they isolate the layer of air by next to the glass and block radiant heat loss/gain. I had one in all summer and found it helped quite a bit. I’d actually thought about putting it back up in the winter but haven’t tried it yet. I’ll post back if I get a chance to do it.
I had wondered about thoase but assumed they were intended for stationary use. Will the sunshade stay in place with the amount this car moves around on a rough road?

I had wondered about thoase but assumed they were intended for stationary use. Will the sunshade stay in place with the amount this car moves around on a rough road?
I had mine in place all summer without an issue.

Most/all of them sag a bit just due to the geometry of the model y’s roof. Tesmanian sells a couple of magnets with adhesive to hold them to the glass roof. I’m 6’5” and still had plenty of headroom without them, so they’re not necessary but some people like having it up higher.

After assuring that the situation was stable, I engaged TACC and Autosteer until I regained visual reference. Now, if my passenger had chosen that moment to tap their temperature control, a stressful situation would have become downright dangerous.
Agreed and I've never understood why even in V11 they left the climate page with an odd-man-out aspect ratio. I suspect someone in the UI team is over-proud of all the pretty graphics on that page.

Reactions: sleepydoc