TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by vfx, Sep 16, 2012.

1. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

Which is why I said I'd have no problem taking away the anonymity. Just give back the ability to give Negative rep again. Although lately it hasn't really been as necessary. There was a rash or horrible trills after the first and second fires. FWIW, I signed every one of my Negs to the Trolls and stock manipulators at the time. I didn't care if they knew who I was.

2. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

#202 Al Sherman, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Wow! Who woulda thunk it? We've been beekeeping for many, many years.
    Here's our logo:

Honely Logo .jpg
    Not a business. We just enjoy it and give all the honey away. :smile:
    I guess now we're gonna need a Quilting thread, AND a Beekeeping thread!

3. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

We have been a few of the valiants keeping bees in Alaska. Warm-summer locales like Fairbanks isn't bad for bees; Anchorage is cooler and tougher. But with the minuscule summer in the Alaska Range - we had to knit down parkas for each bee to wear through mid-June - we finally shut down rather than risk the deserved wrath of the ASPCB.

And with that post, I'll shut down until I can provide a good one for #1,000 (am already working on it.......:biggrin: )

4. napabill

napabill Active Member

Maybe for post #1001, have you ever documented your Tesla travels from Alaska to Arizona? Was with a friend from Anchorage the other night and he didn't believe it could be done.

5. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

So many bee lovers here. I wonder if that is a coincidence.

Bees have come up with a very efficient way of storing and retrieving energy. Tesla car battery resembles hive to some extent, with the exception of storage cell shape. Bees have their reasons for hexagons.

6. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Off-topic but maybe time for a bee thread. :)

Yup:
    1274896_10201357196645152_859069979_o.jpg
    1782133_10202406741883127_807833202_n.jpg

Those three hives fit into my Model S to come home from the manufacturer.

7. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

How did I end up subscribing to a bee keeping thread.

Mods... I sense a massive degree of off-topic ness here. And this thread was dealing with the critical issue of REPUTATION - there's no place here for off topic posts!!!

</tong-in-cheek>

8. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

honey bees should really be getting all the reputation points. they feed the world by pollinating our food supply, and leave sweet treats behind

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Is reporting posts going to stay around? Will it continue to allow anonymity among non-moderators? I suspect many (all?) negative feedbacks that "require" anonymity these days could be served by the existing Report Post facility. My point being I don't think anybody really loses anything of value with the death of anonymity for Reputation feedback.

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

The reporting function is not directly related to reputation. Reporting is used by members to bring issues to the moderators attention; those issues may be snippiness, political, off topic discussions, thread derailments, all sorts of things. Obviously someone might receive -ve reputation from a moderator for being rude (as an example) but it's highly unlikely that anyone would receive -ve reputation for going off topic.

11. GDH

GDH Banned

And raw honeycomb is the best!

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

There is now a dedicated thread to discuss beekeeping: Beekeeping

Please take all discussions related to that topic there.

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Nothing I disagree with here.

Let me try to re-ask my question:
    Is "Report Post" remaining as is or undergoing changes as well? Speaking for myself I have no need for anonymous Reputation (positive or negative) as long as anonymous "Report Post" remains as an alternative feedback mechanism for "truly troubling" posts.

14. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Yes. Report post sends a message to all the mods and doesn't alert the person who wrote the post you reported and that shouldn't change.

15. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

To my knowledge there are no changes planned for "Report Post". It's working very well as-is.

16. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

I find the requirement to "spread some points around" before giving it to so-and-so again to be rather restrictive. I understand the need for some limits so that rolosrevenge can't do his thing, but the current system seems a bit too limiting.

I also think we should not have a cap on the # of green bars you can accumulate (seem maxed at 7), but I suppose that will require some additional creative titles.

17. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

I think the limits on spreading it around make sense. The maximum bars? I'll worry about those if I ever get closer. I have so much room left :)

18. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I hear the bars degrade if you use all your feedback too quickly, or you receive feedback too quickly. Be careful out there.

19. GLDYLX

GLDYLX Member

I've just found this thread and hadn't realized that points were anonymous....
    I would therefore like to apologize to those I gave points (all positive!) to, without identifying myself. That's kinda creepy and totally unintentional.

Happy Saturday!

20. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

It is not maxed at 7.

:)