Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be silly, but I've had a ridiculous good time voting up all the good posts (along with a small percentage of down votes). I like being able to give a little positive incentive. My only regret is we have a few really stellar (above and beyond the call of duty) posters and I can only give so many thumbs ups in a given time period to an individual :)

Even if we never do anything else with it, I like the feature.

This feature is not very helpful in my opinion. Most of these vBulletin boards have the "like" comment or the "thanks" comment. The reputation function allows one to leave potentially nasty and cowardly comments. As if being anonymous on any bulletin board wasn't bad enough, now even the anonymous can leave negative comments anonymously.

My thought: come out and say it -- good or bad.

BTW (and off topic), I do like the new scheme and Model S forum subdivisions. So, I'd give whomever (doug?) the "thumbs up" or "like" for those moves!

EDIT: I suppose that I couldn't possibly be off topic in the Off Topic subforum.

Last edited:
I just became aware of reputation points, getting what I think is my first one. Says it has a value of 19 points. Is that 19 people liking the post, or one person somehow able to modify how many points they award for that post. And the little green thingy box. How many points to get more than one box? Saw one person with two. But seems like everyone has at least one.

If I would just receive my S I'd get a life and stop worrying about this stuff.

If I would just receive my S I'd get a life and stop worrying about this stuff.

Sounds like a plan.

My question is how many reputations do you have to give before you can give a second one to the same person. Seems like it might be 100. (This is probably in a FAQ somewhere, but, you know...)

You can add or deduct from someone's reputation by clicking on the little star that is bottom left of every post. It is anonymous but you are encouraged to leave feedback that is constructive (e.g. if there's a post you don't like then calling someone a jerk or similar is not considered constructive). Receive enough deductions and your green box will turn red which kinda means that mods will be watching you pretty closely....i.e. that's not good. The rule about having to spread reputation around prevents anonymous bullying.

BTW, points can be redeemed from the TMC gift catalog you received in your welcome pack. :wink:

*snort*, two reputation comments on the same post:
"+1 appropriate response"
"-1 rather snippy at a regular contributor, out of line"

Achievement Unlocked: Mixed Signals, The Polarizer

I got a set of conflicting ones today, too - I suspect yours were on your reply to my comment about your regular negativity on the Model S being "short" material, mine received was on my initial post. I got 2 positives and one negative.

"Totally agree, hate this paranoid "safety issues" talk."
"Thanks for calling out constant negativity."
"insulting, not appropriate"

So where's my badge?

I got a set of conflicting ones today, too - I suspect yours were on your reply to my comment about your regular negativity on the Model S being "short" material, mine received was on my initial post. I got 2 positives and one negative.
So, you got a net positive for your post accusing me of being a short. I got a net negative for making sarcastic fun of that.

I suppose the Pavlovian lesson is that there's positive reputation to be had out there for attacking any posting that can be construed as negative.