Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, so the amount of reputation you have gives you more power to dock other people's reputation ... That means a bunch of lower reputation people could launch a preemptive strike against someone with high reputation and knock them down before they have a chance to retaliate. Hmm...

I think it says something about a site when a feedback thread is in danger of drifting into game theory and Python references.

You just explained succinctly why I like this forum...

Best conversation ever.

And, as always, we are expected to sign the negative reputation along with providing feedback as to why it was received.

It's unfortunate that doug had to remove the feature for most. People were using it as a retaliation or a way to 'vote down' an opinion they disagreed with. Some here can attest to the fact that they've received positive rep from me, even though I totally disagreed with them, because of the strong contribution they were making to the conversation.

Deliberately escalating emotions, personal attacks, trolling, repeatedly banging the same drum without contributing new info, spamming various threads ... that gets negative reputation. Having a different opinion is always cool :).

- - - Updated - - -

And yet no reputation was given ...

You all were doing it just for a treat??

I haven't found a way to give 'group reputation'. It was the conversation as a whole. Sheez. :)

Moderators and Admins
Evidently I can give negative rep too. Deepest apologies Outsider for being my guinea pig. I'll make it up to you I promise. Now back to planning that preemptive strike ala Monty Python ...

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. This is new. So who CAN give negative rep points? Abnormal members? People who pay? :confused:

Well I am Abnormal, that's probably it.

- - - Updated - - -

And, as always, we are expected to sign the negative reputation along with providing feedback as to why it was received.

It's unfortunate that doug had to remove the feature for most. People were using it as a retaliation or a way to 'vote down' an opinion they disagreed with. Some here can attest to the fact that they've received positive rep from me, even though I totally disagreed with them, because of the strong contribution they were making to the conversation.

Deliberately escalating emotions, personal attacks, trolling, repeatedly banging the same drum without contributing new info, spamming various threads ... that gets negative reputation. Having a different opinion is always cool :).

- - - Updated - - -

You all were doing it just for a treat??

I haven't found a way to give 'group reputation'. It was the conversation as a whole. Sheez. :)

No, but you're supposed to give positive reputation for awesomeness :tongue:

I think it says something about a site when a feedback thread is in danger of drifting into game theory and Python references.

I tried a Python reference (to the Tale of Sir Galahad) and one of the mods smacked me down for it (although the topic had been breached by another long-term member). Something about a "family" environment or something.

I tried a Python reference (to the Tale of Sir Galahad) and one of the mods smacked me down for it (although the topic had been breached by another long-term member). Something about a "family" environment or something.

I don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait. Yeah, I remember that. You kind of crossed the line back then I think.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, even mods get the smack down sometimes. doug is on me for 'language unbecoming a mod' at times.

:)