Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks. Some weeks ago, out of necessity, I quickly changed permissions so that supposedly only moderators could leave negative rep. Apparently, I missed restricting a particular usergroup and some users were still able to leave negative rep.

Right now only moderators are supposed to be able to leave negative reputation and they will sign it. If you received negative reputation and it wasn't signed, then it did not come from a moderator.

Hey folks. Some weeks ago, out of necessity, I quickly changed permissions so that supposedly only moderators could leave negative rep. Apparently, I missed restricting a particular usergroup and some users were still able to leave negative rep.

Right now only moderators are supposed to be able to leave negative reputation and they will sign it. If you received negative reputation and it wasn't signed, then it did not come from a moderator.

I tried leaving negative reputation for this change, Doug, but it wouldn't let me? Can you help me please?

A few things I've noticed about the reputation points indicator:
1. Bars 1-5 are dark green and 6-7 are light green
2. If you hover the mouse over the bars you get a "title", loosely based on the # of bars but there is some overlap

# of barsTitle
-1 (red bar)can only hope to improve
-1has a little shameless behaviour in the past
1is an unknown quantity at this point
1is on a distinguished road
1-2 will become famous soon enough
2-3has a spectacular aura about
2-4is a jewel in the rough
4-5is just really nice
5-6is a glorious beacon of light
6 is a name known to all
6-7 is a splendid one to behold
(precede each phrase with the user's name)

Last edited:
A few things I've noticed about the reputation points indicator:
1. Bars 1-5 are dark green and 6-7 are light green
2. If you hover the mouse over the bars you get a "title", loosely based on the # of bars but there is some overlap

# of barsTitle
-1 (red bar)can only hope to improve
1is an unknown quantity at this point
1is on a distinguished road
1-2 will become famous soon enough
2-3has a spectacular aura about
2-4is a jewel in the rough
4-5is just really nice
5-6is a glorious beacon of light
6 is a name known to all
6-7 is a splendid one to behold
(precede each phrase with the user's name)
But still nothing on how one accumulates the coveted green bars. My suspicion is that the core group formed a cabal that only awards bars to its members. Not unlike the US Senate. Tough to get in, but once your in, you just legislate your benefits and tenure.:wink:

But still nothing on how one accumulates the coveted green bars. My suspicion is that the core group formed a cabal that only awards bars to its members. Not unlike the US Senate. Tough to get in, but once your in, you just legislate your benefits and tenure.:wink:

No, contrary to anything the US Senate does this is actually based on merit.
Once you have >100 reputation points you get the second bar. >200 the third. And so on.
So give reputation points to people you like and soon they'll have another bar.
Also, the more bars you have, the more reputation points you can give...

No, contrary to anything the US Senate does this is actually based on merit.
Once you have >100 reputation points you get the second bar. >200 the third. And so on.
So give reputation points to people you like and soon they'll have another bar.
Also, the more bars you have, the more reputation points you can give...

I have over 800 points, but seven bars. You're saying I should have nine. I agree!

My suspicion is that the core group formed a cabal that only awards bars to its members. Not unlike the US Senate. Tough to get in, but once your in, you just legislate your benefits and tenure.:wink:

Agree that it's rigged. High Frequency Trading of a different kind.

Seriously, I get reps from some posters - thanks Jerry! - from time to time but, I don't realize it nor do I return the favor often as I'm mostly on from Tapatalk rather than the website.