Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
I would never protest.
But of course this is rigged, as the guys with seven bars don't need to trade... :)

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW I always sign my name.
Yes, me too. Especially back in the days where us mortals could give negative feedback. People doing that anonymously always irked me. But even with positive feedback I'd prefer to know who gave it.

So if someone posts an opinion critical of TMC and as a result gets a red reputation point but only mods can do red reputation points, then one can safely conclude that it was a mod who issued that reputation point. Noted. :-/

Also note that they could have received the negative reputation for a different post (if you're just observing that someone has red bars by their name). If you receive negative reputation and it wasn't signed, please let us know. All reputation given by moderators should be signed. Negative reputation should have a reason stated.

We did have an instance where a small group of people (not moderators) still were able to give negative reputation and handed it out indiscriminately - the person who was the worst offender is no longer a member of this forum.

We did have an instance where a small group of people (not moderators) still were able to give negative reputation and handed it out indiscriminately - the person who was the worst offender is no longer a member of this forum.

I was one of them and was trying to organize a coordinated reputation attack to topple the people with the highest reputation but the mods took away my privileges first...

I actually didn't hand out negative reputation "indiscriminately" other than to AnOutsider just to test if I could. Then I was gathering allies to dethrone those 6+ bar folks and suddenly I couldn't give negative reps points.