TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Request - Dedicated Autopilot / autonomous driving / AI sub-forum

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Mar 22, 2016.

1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Posting this here because the Model S forum is the busiest on the site - hoping to get some support for this idea.

Autopilot/AI/autonomous driving is on the bleeding edge of computer science and engineering right now - I for one would like a dedicated forum to put threads discussing this topic. Currently the AP threads are kind of scattershot - some in "driving dynamics" other in "user interface" etc.

• Like x 2
  2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

3. danny

danny Administrator

I'd defer to the mods and Doug on this, so I'll discuss with them. Thanks for the input.

4. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

Agree. It's been hard sometimes to know which thread to post in for AP/AI for Model S. And it seems harder to find the right forum with the new GUI. "Hover overs" don't always designate which thread the post is in.

• Like x 1
  5. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I do think that splitting out the user interface and Autopilot stuff from Model S and combining it is a good idea. There is plenty of overlap in a lot of areas, but I think these are incredibly close, so they should somehow be combined.

Tesla Software
    -- User Interface
    -- Autopilot

The downside is that threads are still likely to be created in the vehicle subforums that belong in the general software subforum. Mods will have (more) work cut out for them.

6. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I think it's a good idea too.

7. Beryl

Beryl Member

I agree that autopilot should be separated.

(I understand why it will likely be multiple sub-forums under each model but I'd rather it not be since the issues will apply to all models.)