Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request for Auto-steer feature "manual lane-changing without chime".

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is simple!

When the car does not automatically change lane, help the car by using the blinker to tell which lane you want to go to.
It will then check and do it, if safe, without leaving autopilot mode

:)

That's not true, I started this thread bases on an AP1 car, and AP1 will not initiate (fully automatic) lane change.
It's only 'automatic' changing lanes when the driver initiates it by using the blinker.
And that is not robust enough in less then ideal conditions.

For auto lane change, don't put pressure on the wheel. The car will turn automatically.

Based on this tip in April, I indeed learned not to apply pressure on the wheel (which was based on an instruction from a Tesla sales guy..)
In low traffic conditions, I'm more patient now to wait for auto lane change (after starting my blinker).
So I do have less annoying chimes.

Plus I learned which situations can't be handled by the system, and leave it on ACC, not autosteer.

Also, it will slow down when you get too close to a car in front even if you're changing lanes (to prevent a crash).
To prevent a crash?? The car will leave so much space a truck will fit in.. In heavy traffic it's just slowing down too quickly, leaving way too much space. But I simply override it with my accelerator.