Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request for Enhancement: Pedestrian Horn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally I got this:
Wirefree MP3 door chime kit

This was the only one I was able to get in Japan, and it worked well, at least at home. I placed the sound unit in the frunk upside down so the speaker is facing up. I was able to hear the melody sound from inside the car.
The sound volume was pretty loud but I haven't tested it in the crowd so will report later. Per my test, placing the unit in the frunk, the sound seems a bit weak.

That's the experience I've had. People walking in parking lots, or even crossing the street, often just don't notice their surroundings.

Obliviousness is not limited just to pedestrians. Twice in the last month kayakers have just veered off course without looking and collided or nearly collided with me while I was rowing. I wonder if the government will force me to install a noisemaker on my single scull? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Finally I got this:
Wirefree MP3 door chime kit

This was the only one I was able to get in Japan, and it worked well, at least at home. I placed the sound unit in the frunk upside down so the speaker is facing up. I was able to hear the melody sound from inside the car.
The sound volume was pretty loud but I haven't tested it in the crowd so will report later. Per my test, placing the unit in the frunk, the sound seems a bit weak.

Is there room inside the nose cone?

you should be able to fit it inside the nose cone area but on top of the black painted steel crossbar. I used 3M velcro on there and my doorbell has stayed for years and through all sorts of moist weather

Thanks, you mean removing the nose come and use 3M's dual lock velcro to stick the doorbell on the steel (from front of the nose cone?)? Will try. Did you use wired doorbell?