Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request for EV parking lot in Richmond Hill Go station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am lukewarm when it comes to building charging stations that will likely be used in the middle of the day and by very few people. Having these types of chargers, especially if they are free, gives one the incentive to charge during the day, adding to peak consumption, rather than at night when consumption is low. And making it free means that you are socializing the cost of the electricity rather than paying for it yourself. The other downside is that this will only benefit a very small number of people - the existing GO stations with chargers have two chargers each. So two people per day get to use them and you can bet that the cars sit there hooked up to the chargers for 9 hours or more each day.

More EV chargers are good, but I don't know that these types of chargers make a lot of sense.

Wondering if there are many EV people in Richmond Hill, Ontario, area using Go service? Can we all send request to GO train custom service to request parking lot with charger?
Online Comment Form

Admin: Please remove the post under "Model X: Battery & Charging". I think this forum is more proper.
Thanks
Sounds like they have a pilot program in place with 10 stations (total 20 chargers):
GOTransit.com - Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure at GO Stations

Richmond Hill is not on the map yet, but you would have to wait until a Phase 3 expansion occurs and hope it's included.