Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request for Model X Pics with Your Dog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mikevbf

Feb 11, 2012
vermont
Please share photos of your Model X with your dog. What space in your Model X does your dog/dogs ride? I especially would like to see a pic with a dog in a 6 seat configuration with the dog in between the two middle seats.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: mikevbf
IMG_7958.JPG
IMG_7960.JPG
Here are couple pictures of Riley in his favorite spot in my X. Riley is a 65 lb Golden Retriever. Initially I had Riley sit in the 3rd row seats. One day he just stepped down and sat in the space in front of the third row seats. Since then, that's where he sits. I have a 21x34 foam bath rug in his sitting spot. View attachment 175038 View attachment 175039 View attachment 175039

View attachment 175042 View attachment 175043 Here are couple pictures of Riley in his favorite spot in my X. Riley is a 65 lb Golden Retriever. Initially I had Riley sit in the 3rd row seats. One day he just stepped down and sat in the space in front of the third row seats. Since then, that's where he sits. I have a 21x34 foam bath rug in his sitting spot. View attachment 175038 View attachment 175039 View attachment 175039

Awesome. Just the pictures I needed. My dog is closer to 100 Ibs but looks like he would fit. Your Golden is beautiful.

theo-side.jpg

Awesome. Just the pictures I needed. My dog is closer to 100 Ibs but looks like he would fit. Your Golden is beautiful.

View attachment 175050
Regarding the middle seats, sorry, once Stewart (a smart Border Collie) enjoys those it's all over, and he'll demand it every morning.
For now, he's in the back with a nice Model X Evanexx divider solution. Don't push me to let him forward, it will happen w/o wife knowing soon.......

IMG_9129.JPG

We're getting ready for a roadtrip with Razz (the wonder dog!) and am thinking I should buy a harness that can be teathered to one of the tie-downs in back. Read an article about what happens to dogs in a serious accident. Not pretty...for the dog or the owners. You consider that?

You should absolutely get a harness for your dog. We have one each of this for our two dogs: http://amzn.com/B000MD3NOK. We haven't taken them in the X yet, but we always tethered them to the upper car seat tether anchors. Now that I think about it we may need a longer tether since the anchor is so low on the backs of the Model X seats compared to our Accord.

While tethered our dogs can turn in complete circles which they like to do without getting tangled up. I think the harness came with something to attach them to the seat belt, but this was no good as they tended to get tangled, and when our younger dog was a pup she chewed through a seat belt :mad: Attaching to the car seat tethers has worked wonders, and it also stops them from being able to get as far forward in the vehicle.

We plan on putting ours in the third row with a hammock style seat cover. That way we can still store some luggage in the back, toddler in the middle seat middle row, and probably luggage in the outer second row seats as well.

Thanks everyone. I've been going back and forth with the 6 or 7 seat configuration. I already ordered the 6 seat prior to finding this thread. All the replies and pictures have been helpful. I have two 25 pound Corgis that have seatbelts when I drive, but since I ordered the six seater I was worried where they would sit, since the seats don't look wide enough for them to sit comfortably. Maybe they can sit in the middle and I could extend their seat belts to be long enough so they are still secure. Thank you all for the pics. They were helpful.

Trying to replicate the dog grate between cargo and rear seat that I had with our Volvo XC60. Is there a good dog grate solution for model X?
Pet o sells some adjustable ones but Volvo had integrated mount points and factory designed grating. Was hoping Tesla could replicate this. Not happy w/petco options.

Attachments

• IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    577.1 KB · Views: 174
Our two dogs would never stay in the space between the two seats in our six seater - they HAVE to look out the window whenever we drive with them so we put the third row down and keep them in the back. We have the Evanex seat hoodies to help protect the back of the 2nd row and use the pet cargo cover to help protect the trunk. We still end up with dog hair everywhere and lots of nose prints on the glass but this has worked really well. We just got back from a 1000 mile round trip to see the eclipse with them and everyone had a great time.

I also rigged up a USB Foscam C1 that I set in the ledge of the tiny triangle window by the third row. It connected to a Verizon hotspot and then I used a 7" tablet to view the camera from the front. This let us keep an eye on the girls when they were lying down in the back.
2017-08-21 12.58.21-a.jpg

2017-08-20 08.53.38.jpg

• Love
Reactions: deonb