Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request for review: Charging 'Contact card' DRAFT (to attach to converter)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You old timers here have lots of experience with charging circumstances and interactions with other charger users, so you could give me some help.

I have a draft version of a 'contact card' to be attached to the Model S J1772 converter, alone or in combination with a charging lock. The purpose is twofold: to warn of charging in progress and desire not to be unplugged, and also to give users the ability to get in touch with you via cell or text message to alert you or negotiate some sharing (those of you concerned could get a google voice account to protect privacy). I'm not sure, but if it resonates with users and there is some interest, I could make it available - either directly as a tag, or as artwork.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the design and content, here, by private message, or directly at [email protected]

Many thanks in advance.
David
ContactCardDraft1.jpg

I don't have an opinion on which I like better overall but I do have an observation: In your first version, the second picture had more room for a big font because it didn't say as much -- i.e. focus on the "see from a mile" message, with details provided on the back for up close inpection. Kind of like a giant-lettered "High Voltage" with a small font paragraph nearby.

If you are charging on J1772 without your lock, removal will not cause damage in any circumstance.

I would point out that the plan was to attach this tag to the LOCK, so that if the lock were not in use, the tag wouldn't be visible.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I've got another thread going on here, so I'd ask anyone with an opinion
to either IM me or go there to comment

My apologies for spamming two places and not realizing the downside of that. Mods please issue one 'oops sticker' to my account.

David

I would point out that the plan was to attach this tag to the LOCK, so that if the lock were not in use, the tag wouldn't be visible.

I have a draft version of a 'contact card' to be attached to the Model S J1772 converter, alone or in combination with a charging lock

Umm................I would point out that you indicated that it was alone or in combination with.