Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request: Ignore Sub-forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
The littering of the forum by @hmmm * with multiple threads of inventory cars while trawling for referral links has made me realize that I would enjoy the forum more if I could hide certain sub-forums.

* At least he is putting the threads in the marketplace sub-forum.

The littering of the forum by @hmmm * with multiple threads of inventory cars while trawling for referral links has made me realize that I would enjoy the forum more if I could hide certain sub-forums.

* At least he is putting the threads in the marketplace sub-forum.

I can tell you're upset and that wasn't my intent so thanks for @'ing me in your message to allow me to add to the discussion:

- Littering the forums? Please, I started, from memory, less than 5 threads listing heavily discounted inventory cars since joining, over 2 years ago.
- As I mentioned, this is how I found my current car and I am "paying it forward". You may not like the concept, but that's ok and I intend to continue doing so unless I am told otherwise. Markets are inneficient and making them more efficient should be encouraged.
- The cars I flagged were deals, plain and simple. Case in point, they were all gone within hours. Also, if you check the threads, people were glad I mentioned these cars. A couple were upset though..because they hadn't pulled the trigger fast enough.

When it comes to my signature:

- I wasn't aware that ref codes were not allowed in signatures. Apparently most people on here either don't know or just don't care. I do care and have modified my signature accordingly.

When it comes to yoiur feature request:

- While it may be intellectually satisfying, this is of low value at best since you can ignore specific users already. As for ignoring sub-forums? That doesn't seem like too much effort as it is, imho. Not looking for a Tesla? just don't click on the "Tesla for Sale" sub-forum...but you may miss out on a highly discounted inventory car.

Look for "Watch Forum" at the top of the forum, right under the list of subs and the "Post New Thread" button.
This is working well -- thanks again for the tip.

I use a chromebook and am able to type in a sub-string of the URL in the omni-box for quick access to the web page. "un" works well :)
Four key strokes in total, no mousing or fumbling with arrow keys or modal shortcuts.

Happy camper