TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Request: Ignore Sub-forums

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by SageBrush, Jul 14, 2017.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

The littering of the forum by @hmmm * with multiple threads of inventory cars while trawling for referral links has made me realize that I would enjoy the forum more if I could hide certain sub-forums.

* At least he is putting the threads in the marketplace sub-forum.

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

You can ignore specific users.

Also Referral Codes are not allowed in signatures per the Forum Rules.
    Forum Rules

3. hmmm

hmmm Member

I can tell you're upset and that wasn't my intent so thanks for @'ing me in your message to allow me to add to the discussion:

- Littering the forums? Please, I started, from memory, less than 5 threads listing heavily discounted inventory cars since joining, over 2 years ago.
    - As I mentioned, this is how I found my current car and I am "paying it forward". You may not like the concept, but that's ok and I intend to continue doing so unless I am told otherwise. Markets are inneficient and making them more efficient should be encouraged.
    - The cars I flagged were deals, plain and simple. Case in point, they were all gone within hours. Also, if you check the threads, people were glad I mentioned these cars. A couple were upset though..because they hadn't pulled the trigger fast enough.

When it comes to my signature:

- I wasn't aware that ref codes were not allowed in signatures. Apparently most people on here either don't know or just don't care. I do care and have modified my signature accordingly.

When it comes to yoiur feature request:

- While it may be intellectually satisfying, this is of low value at best since you can ignore specific users already. As for ignoring sub-forums? That doesn't seem like too much effort as it is, imho. Not looking for a Tesla? just don't click on the "Tesla for Sale" sub-forum...but you may miss out on a highly discounted inventory car.

4. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

Consider whitelisting the subs you're interested in, then bookmark https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/watched/unread-posts

At first glance it might seem like the opposite of what you want, but I find it works well.

• Like x 3
  5. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Is a link to a referral code in the Sig allowed ?

@hmmm , fyi

6. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Thanks, this is a good alternative.
    How do I white list a sub ?

7. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

Look for "Watch Forum" at the top of the forum, right under the list of subs and the "Post New Thread" button.

• Like x 1
  8. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

This is working well -- thanks again for the tip.

I use a chromebook and am able to type in a sub-string of the URL in the omni-box for quick access to the web page. "un" works well :)
    Four key strokes in total, no mousing or fumbling with arrow keys or modal shortcuts.

Happy camper