TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Request to charge Tes south coast NSW Australia

Discussion in 'Asia and Australia' started by eclectricdave, Feb 25, 2016.

1. eclectricdave

eclectricdave Member

Does anyone know where I can charge my Tes between Bega and Batemans Bay? Doing a trip March or April. Nothing in Plugshare. Will pay for power. David

2. PJF000

PJF000 Member

Try finding a thread here: Australia New Zealand and posting, or repeat this thread over there.

3. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Your best bet is to stay overnight in a Caravan Park with powered sites. Many have 15 Amp plugs that can charge at about 20 Km/h, however you will need a 15 Amp connector which Tesla don't supply at the moment.
    I bought one from Clipper Creek, they can make one with the correct Australian 15 Amp, and Mennekes Type 2 plugs for an Australian Model S but it works out at more than $1200 by the time you get it here.
    You can find Caravan Parks at Caravan And Camping NSW | Caravan Parks NSW | Holiday Parks NSW