Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request to enable DAB+ - Interested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi peeps

A bunch of people in the main Model 3 thread have expressed their disappointment that Aussie cars do not have DAB+ enabled. One member has had previous communication with Tesla (in writing) confirming that this feature should have been on our cars.

Given UK cars have this feature enabled, it is very likely that our cars have the necessary hardware for this too.

If you are interested in asking Tesla nicely as a group to have this enabled (if it's indeed possible) please register your interest here.

Lastly - the purpose of this thread is not to inform people about TuneIn and how it replaces DAB+.

F1CF8E66-A9A7-48B2-81EB-FE079E1F04FE.jpeg
Lol ok new thread about this. So before we repeat the debate from other thread....

FACTS:
DAB+ receiver chipsets are backward compatible with DAB
yes the uk colloquially uses DAB but has been moving to DAB+ transmitters since 2016
AU NZ both DAB+ Transmitters
No receiver chipsets have been made since mid 2000’s which are DAB only. The standard for receiver chipsets has been DAB+ for a very long time as they can receive from the older DAB transmitters as well.

so I was told verbally by Tesla many many months ago that au model 3 would have dab radio (ie dab+ as in the receiver chipset and software there is no difference). Although verbal so means squat in the real world.

Somebody else also got written confirmation. (Above)

AGAIN DAB = DAB+ as nobody has made an old format DAB receiver chipset in a long time. DAB is shorthand for a receiver chipset which these days = both... ie backward compatible with the old codecs and the new codecs.

So I don’t see any reason why AU NZ cars should be missing this if it’s standard in UK and EU Tesla model 3’s

So the question is, is it there??? The Tesla specs say FM/HD radio, HD radio being the US/Canada/Japan digital radio standard. So they couldn’t possibly be putting that in our cars that would be silly. So let’s assume the USA based marketing department neglected to specify the difference on the website. We know UK and EU cars are coming with DAB+.... are ours...???

I’ve asked Tesla Tom (aka ludicrousfeed) via twitter to check his wife’s model 3 they received a few days ago... I’ll let I know if I get a response.

View attachment 458010 Lol ok new thread about this. So before we repeat the debate from other thread....

FACTS:
DAB+ receiver chipsets are backward compatible with DAB
yes the uk colloquially uses DAB but has been moving to DAB+ transmitters since 2016
AU NZ both DAB+ Transmitters
No receiver chipsets have been made since mid 2000’s which are DAB only. The standard for receiver chipsets has been DAB+ for a very long time as they can receive from the older DAB transmitters as well.

so I was told verbally by Tesla many many months ago that au model 3 would have dab radio (ie dab+ as in the receiver chipset and software there is no difference). Although verbal so means squat in the real world.

Somebody else also got written confirmation. (Above)

AGAIN DAB = DAB+ as nobody has made an old format DAB receiver chipset in a long time. DAB is shorthand for a receiver chipset which these days = both... ie backward compatible with the old codecs and the new codecs.

So I don’t see any reason why AU NZ cars should be missing this if it’s standard in UK and EU Tesla model 3’s

So the question is, is it there??? The Tesla specs say FM/HD radio, HD radio being the US/Canada/Japan digital radio standard. So they couldn’t possibly be putting that in our cars that would be silly. So let’s assume the USA based marketing department neglected to specify the difference on the website. We know UK and EU cars are coming with DAB+.... are ours...???

I’ve asked Tesla Tom (aka ludicrousfeed) via twitter to check his wife’s model 3 they received a few days ago... I’ll let I know if I get a response.

Thanks mate
Hopefully we can get this going and get it enabled.

Reactions: Vostok
Tweet Elon. That seems to be the best way for such things, amazingly.
I don't think I have enough twitter traction for Elon to respond to me. Perhaps if we get this thread to the attention of one of our Aussie press like techau we may have a chance although I think the best way now is, when this delivery mayhem clears a bit we just get a a list of names and email Tesla AU first. Elon responds to a lot and says he'll do a lot but not much happens after that I've noticed.

I don't think I have enough twitter traction for Elon to respond to me. Perhaps if we get this thread to the attention of one of our Aussie press like techau we may have a chance although I think the best way now is, when this delivery mayhem clears a bit we just get a a list of names and email Tesla AU first. Elon responds to a lot and says he'll do a lot but not much happens after that I've noticed.
You would be surprised who Elon responds to. Sometimes very obscure accounts.

Tweet Elon. That seems to be the best way for such things, amazingly.
Also, if the way to get a company to respond to something is to tweet the CEO it is a sign of a dysfunctional company in my view. It is not, or should not, be the job of the CEO to respond to individual customer complaints or feedback. That’s why companies have hierarchies and delegations. The CEO is not there to do everything.

Also, if the way to get a company to respond to something is to tweet the CEO it is a sign of a dysfunctional company in my view. It is not, or should not, be the job of the CEO to respond to individual customer complaints or feedback. That’s why companies have hierarchies and delegations. The CEO is not there to do everything.
You really aren't too bright are you? Elon Musk is the company!!