Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request: Video review from Plaid owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you want a million views on your youtube channel? Want to impress all the internet forum minions? Want to win friends and influence people?

Post a video review of your Plaid!

Seriously, though, a bunch of us Plaid+ reservation holders are getting calls from Tesla Sales asking us to cancel our reservations or transfer them to a Plaid. It would be great to hear what you love and hate about the new car to help the rest of us make a decision.

Specifically:
- The yoke, obviously.
- Comparison to your previous Model S (especially if it's a P100D!)
- Interior
- Noise cancellation and overall road noise
- Handling (if you're brave!)

I'll subscribe to your channel and smash the bell if you make a video!

• Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: rickyjb and ICUDoc
They are surely coming, of course. I’m certain one or many of those first 25 cars went to “influencers” and the YouTube set.

They’ve also had their cars for what, 18 hours now max? It takes a hot minute to shoot and edit a reasonable video.

Any idea what the battery size is?
When I bought my P85D they listed the horsepower, but eventually, took it down, because it was considered inaccurate.
Now they list the plaid horsepower as 1020 hp, but no mention of the battery size.
The battery size gives important information about possible range, and power throughput.

So Far @brooks from dragtimes has the most comprehensive I could find. I REALLY want to see the audio interface and the noise cancelling. I hope it's not a gimmick and works to some reasonable extent.
Every other feature about the Plaid, for me, is a perfect fit, and Im getting it either way. I hope the noise cancelling is effective.

Reactions: rickyjb
Any idea what the battery size is?
When I bought my P85D they listed the horsepower, but eventually, took it down, because it was considered inaccurate.
Now they list the plaid horsepower as 1020 hp, but no mention of the battery size.
The battery size gives important information about possible range, and power throughput.

Comparing the window stickers one can guesstimate 90kWh.

Here's a video of the Plaid while the owner @omarsultan is driving the car . He has also posted a ton of photos online

There is no audible comment by the driver, so I do not know what he or she actually is thinking or feeling. But to me, the awkwardness of the truncated wheel is quite apparent. You can see the driver struggling with where to place their hands on a turn. A full circle is so much better! The so-called advantage of the rectangular wheel is illusory! From what I can see in the video, it provides no better view of the instrument panel than the traditional round wheel in my 2015 car does when driving straight ahead, and it actually blocks the instruments just as much if not more when it is turned! Isn't that obvious?
I think this is one of those moments when we have to decide if the emperor truly has any clothes, and I think he doesn't! Not every innovation is an actual improvement.

This car is pretty amazing. I think I like the new yoke...and prefer the old S vertical screen. I dont think it would take long to adjust.

I bet the lucky ones who take delivery could flip this car right now for a very handsome profit.

There is no audible comment by the driver, so I do not know what he or she actually is thinking or feeling. But to me, the awkwardness of the truncated wheel is quite apparent. You can see the driver struggling with where to place their hands on a turn. A full circle is so much better! The so-called advantage of the rectangular wheel is illusory! From what I can see in the video, it provides no better view of the instrument panel than the traditional round wheel in my 2015 car does when driving straight ahead, and it actually blocks the instruments just as much if not more when it is turned! Isn't that obvious?
I think this is one of those moments when we have to decide if the emperor truly has any clothes, and I think he doesn't! Not every innovation is an actual improvement.
particularly awkward looking, the crossing of the arms when turning at 50sec in. definitely would have to try it out for a while before getting use to it .

Agreed. The yoke looks cumbersome. I see zero advantage over traditional steering wheel. Not a fan of having turn signal controls rotate with steering wheel. The incidental horn strike when doing u-turn was a bit telling. Why couldn't they leave the horn in center of steering wheel? If horn is needed emergently, I can see fumbling and misfires occuring (eg, hitting the hi-beam or turn signal when intending on horn, because wheel not straight). My resting hand positions aren't always 9 & 3 or even 10 & 2. I also use top of wheel when turning. Yoke just takes away options. And I can see my IC just fine with current car.

I hope they bring back conventional steering wheel (with horn at its intuitive spot) and standard stalks.

I agree that looks awkward, a turning motion is definitely better with a wheel, you’re turning in a circle, best to use a circle to do it.

Windshield washer improvement: it comes out of the wiper arm, instead of squirted from under the hood. I don't know if the Raven had this change or not.
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 5.39.49 PM.png

Reactions: rickyjb