Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requesting Blox Spacers Reviews/inputs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a pair of BLOX 15mm spacers, 20mm spacers, and 25mm spacers, since I was on the fence with what type of wheels I was going to run on my car.

Long story short, I ended up only using the 20mm spacers on the rear with my 20" perf wheels, since I know the 15mm spacers won't fit with the Perf wheels, and 25mm would be way too wide.

Therefore, I'll be selling my brand & unused set of 15mm/25mm BLOX spacers once I get the chance to either meet up with somebody locally, or find a way to mail them out since I'm working from home these days. IMO, that's the perfect combo for anyone running 18" Aero wheels or 19" Sport wheels to get a nice flush fitment.

I have an new/unused set 20mm 7075-T6 BLOXSports spacers. Would you be interested in trading your 25mm spacers for them?

Just another data point for the Blox 15/20mm setup. I received my set, yesterday and installed them on my 2020 TM3 AWD with the stock 18" Aero wheels, with covers removed (not that the covers matter). They installed fast and easily, with perfect fitment and no hiccups. I used 103 ft-lbs on the small Blox nuts and car studs, and 129 ft-lbs on the car lug nuts and spacer studs.

They were very nicely machined, anodized, and hardened. They gave my wheels just enough poke to fill the gap to the fenders without extending beyond and give the car a slightly more, but not ridiculously, aggressive look. I wouldn't want them any wider.
20201012_224920.jpg
20201012_225109.jpg
20201012_225220.jpg
20201012_225415.jpg

I've had BLOX spacers installed for ~8 months / 7,000 miles. I was going to remove them for the winter to reduce winter road spray and they are completely stuck. To be fair, I only checked the passenger rear but after removing the nuts, tapping on it from every direction with a hammer, and trying to pry it off my tapping a small screwdriver between the spacer and the rotor I decided to stop before beating everything up. And if I can get 1 off, I did even try the others. Plus I ran out of time since I spend so much time on the 1st.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Any solutions?

It's too late for you now...but for others, anti-seize with aluminum anything against steel is a wise addition.
For you, heat can do wonders. Expand the aluminum with a torch and it should make it easier to come off.

• Informative
Reactions: zhu-
Yep, heat is definitely the way to go now, especially if you didn't use any anti-seize when installing the spacers. And since you have the Bloxsport bolt on spacers you can actually remount the wheels after removing the nuts holding the spacer to the hub to add some more leverage. Also, try using a chisel instead of a screwdriver. Much easier to create a small gap with that.

I used anti-seize on my slip on spacers and even they got stuck, but thankfully only to the center part of the hub. Only needed a chisel and few taps of a hammer to get them loose.

• Informative
Reactions: jmaddr and zhu-
Installed a set of the 20mm BONOSS (formerly BLOXsport) spacers on the rear wheels only earlier tonight. I wanted to fix the rear first, as the fronts are nowhere near as ugly as the rears, then consider installing spacers on the front wheels.

I have Fast Wheel EV03 wheels, which have the same spec as the 18" Aero wheels (18" x 8.5" ET40) and mounted on the factory Michelin Michelin Primacy MXM4 235/45/18 tires.

The nuts supplied with the spacers seem weak because it does feels like the nut is giving way (AKA soft nut metal) when you are torqueing it. No instructions were provided in the box, so I torqued the nuts on the spacer to the hub to 129lb ft as most people have done.

I applied a generous amount of copper anti-seize both hubs (actual hub, and spacer hub).

Overall, I am very happy with how the rear looks now, and think that the 20mm spacer is a perfect fit for the rear of the Model 3.

DGPxRuLh.jpg

j6s9E5yh.jpg

pAzQf1Uh.jpg

9hIlrLjh.jpg

Can you please post pictures? I was planning on having this exact set up. Super curious about your experience and to see how it looks.

Attachments

• signal-2021-08-17-185212_001.jpeg
    signal-2021-08-17-185212_001.jpeg
    802.5 KB · Views: 139
  • signal-2021-08-17-185212_002.jpeg
    signal-2021-08-17-185212_002.jpeg
    914.2 KB · Views: 130
  • signal-2021-08-17-185212_003.jpeg
    signal-2021-08-17-185212_003.jpeg
    778.3 KB · Views: 141
  • signal-2021-08-17-185212_006.jpeg
    signal-2021-08-17-185212_006.jpeg
    620.5 KB · Views: 132
Just a quick couple of questions... does prolonged use of the 15mm/20mm cause any unusual wear of bearings or any other wheel component? Also, which anti-seize is best? I see loctite and numerous others, each claiming to be the best. I have a set of the bloxsports that I'm getting ready to install.

Just a quick couple of questions... does prolonged use of the 15mm/20mm cause any unusual wear of bearings or any other wheel component? Also, which anti-seize is best? I see loctite and numerous others, each claiming to be the best. I have a set of the bloxsports that I'm getting ready to install.
You’re going to get different viewpoints/answers regarding additional bearing wear caused by spacers. Some say spacers will definitely cause/accelerate wear and to avoid using them. Others say spacers will indeed cause additional wear but the impact should be minimal and not likely to result in bearing failure during your lifetime with the vehicle, especially if most of your driving is just ”normal” street use.

I am in the second camp and firmly believe that for normal driving conditions, using quality spacers (and when installed correctly) will not result in any type of damage/failure during the lifetime of my vehicle. However, I do believe that using very large/wide spacers (like larger than 25mm) will create a lot more stress/wear than say 15 or 20mm. How much more stress/wear is completely unknown and you’re not going to find any real credible data out there comparing additional wear on a vehicle with a set of 15/20mm spacers versus one with a set of spacers larger than 25mm. Personally, I would not use spacers larger than 20 mm, but this is pure opinion with no facts to support either way.

Of course, if you like to track or autocross your vehicle on a regular basis, then there is more of an agreement from both camps that spacers are not a good idea for this type of use/condition, since there are a lot higher loads/stresses on the bearings and suspension components when used on the track and autocross.

You’re going to get different viewpoints/answers regarding additional bearing wear caused by spacers. Some say spacers will definitely cause/accelerate wear and to avoid using them. Others say spacers will indeed cause additional wear but the impact should be minimal and not likely to result in bearing failure during your lifetime with the vehicle, especially if most of your driving is just ”normal” street use.

I am in the second camp and firmly believe that for normal driving conditions, using quality spacers (and when installed correctly) will not result in any type of damage/failure during the lifetime of my vehicle. However, I do believe that using very large/wide spacers (like larger than 25mm) will create a lot more stress/wear than say 15 or 20mm. How much more stress/wear is completely unknown and you’re not going to find any real credible data out there comparing additional wear on a vehicle with a set of 15/20mm spacers versus one with a set of spacers larger than 25mm. Personally, I would not use spacers larger than 20 mm, but this is pure opinion with no facts to support either way.

Of course, if you like to track or autocross your vehicle on a regular basis, then there is more of an agreement from both camps that spacers are not a good idea for this type of use/condition, since there are a lot higher loads/stresses on the bearings and suspension components when used on the track and autocross.
Thanks. I don't autox and just normal driving. In last 30 months, I've only put 11k miles on my 3. I just like the looks of the tires further out. I have the 15mm/20mm from Bloxsport.

Thanks. I don't autox and just normal driving. In last 30 months, I've only put 11k miles on my 3. I just like the looks of the tires further out. I have the 15mm/20mm from Bloxsport.
Yep, I’ve been running the 15/15mm set-up from BONOSS (formerly Bloxsport).

Also, as a clarification, BONOSS is the high performance version/line of Bloxsport. Same company. BONOSS is simply their upgraded product line.
Below is a link to the one I purchased. It’s a little more expensive than the other spacers from their “standard” product line. The upgraded materials/features probably have zero practical benefit, especially with my relatively pedestrian driving style. However, nothing is too good for my baby! 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: whatsupsor