Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requesting Blox Spacers Reviews/inputs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you're right, the other way around doesn't seem logical to me.
This is what RPM Tesla says,
Screenshot_20220530-075631_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220530-075631_Chrome.jpg

Hey all. I just received Bonoss (formerly Bloxport) 20mm rear and 15mm front spacers for my 2019 Model 3 performance OEM wheels. The Rear fit great. Front OEM studs are too long - though Bonoss clearly states they'll fit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 12.09.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 12.09.52 PM.png
    571.3 KB · Views: 55
Hey all. I just received Bonoss (formerly Bloxport) 20mm rear and 15mm front spacers for my 2019 Model 3 performance OEM wheels. The Rear fit great. Front OEM studs are too long - though Bonoss clearly states they'll fit.
I imagine all P models with the PUP (big) brakes have this issue. Perhaps Bonoss/Blox only test fitted them on a stealth-P, which would be the same fitment as a non-P.

I imagine all P models with the PUP (big) brakes have this issue. Perhaps Bonoss/Blox only test fitted them on a stealth-P, which would be the same fitment as a non-P.
18/25 here, hopefully the thicker front spacer will clear the studs.

Ordered from manufacturer. 10 year warranty and new cooled rotor design, look for striations on edge. Amazon sells the old Bloxsport, Bonoss took over.

Wish me luck, 3mm and 5mm extra to the usual 15/20 setup look very doable on a custom suspension, manufacturer also claims this.

Just realized white mudflaps (essential in this situation) not the way to go, getting matte black to match the contrast (white car, blacked out everything and spoiler).

I emailed BONOSS asking them the same question and received this reply:
View attachment 720510

I torqued the spacers to the hub at 103.5ft-lbs and the wheels to the spacers at 129ft-lbs. No issues in over 3000 miles of driving since installing them at those torque settings.

Not good, our EVs do not have torque limiters sot the hubs will take a lot of abuse.

Jack Chen's statement contradicts their own installation instructions. I am doing 129 on all.

Step 5: Install the Wheel Spacer in Place​

Place the BONOSS BLM Series Wheel Spacer on the hub and align the holes in the spacer with the wheel studs, and ensure that the wheel spacer is firmly seated and flush against the hub. Use the matching lug nuts to tighten the wheel spacer to original studs. Carefully turn the lug nuts by hand to ensure they are easy to thread in to avoid cross-thread. Tighten by hand, but do not torque the lug nuts completely. Just put them in place and fasten them a bit.

Step 6: Torque the Matching Lug Nuts to Spec​

Use a torque wrench with the ***manufacturer-recommended torque specification*** to snug up the lug nuts in a star pattern. Do not overtighten the nuts. In addition, ensure the original studs do not protrude past the wheel spacer surface. If you meet problems that the hubs roll while tightening the nuts, you can ask an assistant to press the brake pedal to prevent the hub from rolling.

18/25 AL7075 finished, blue Loctite 242 over top of hub lugs before torquing the spacers onto these.
Basenor mudflaps.
OEM lock nuts clear the OEM Aero Wheel Cap Kit, getting stickers to save the criminals from temptation.
Vikingcontact 7 winter setup using cheap OEM Aero new takedowns.
QuickJacks, Milwaukee cordless impact wrench and ratchet made the job a walk in the park,
before 1PM the Odyssey and one of the Crosstreks also had winter shoes on.

20221008_120109.jpg
20221008_120130.jpg

Last edited: