TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Requesting help: Model 3 slide show

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by LoL Rick, Aug 27, 2016.

1. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

"Help" meaning you do the work and I use it. :)

I'm sure there is a Tesla fan out there who has more experience in this area than I. What I would like is a slide show of Model 3 pictures that is suitable for display on 1/2 of the Model S screen. So that means no Youtube, flash, or HTML5, and ideally the resolution should be about 1280x800 so I don't have to resize it.

I'm interested in this because I do a lot of car shows with the Model S and talk to people about Tesla. I usually set up the center screen with the nav zoomed out to show all the superchargers on one half, and a picture of a Model 3 on the other half. But finding a picture and zooming it to the right size is kind of a pain. Hence this request.

As soon as people look inside the car and see the screen, they are hooked if they weren't already. I usually talk to them about the technology, the practicalities of driving electric, the superchargers, the performance, and the safety. But almost without fail, people bring up the high cost of the Model S. That's when I steer them back to the screen and talk about the Model 3. It would be cool to have a nice set of pictures set up as an animated GIF to make a good showing.

• Like x 1
  2. int32_t

int32_t Tesla Spotter

3. Footbag

Footbag Member

As @int32_t mentioned, I had a very similar need, so I put together a web page that I use for car shows. I'm definitely open to making content changes if you have some ideas. It does have a bit of info (2 'videos' and a slide with the price) on the Model 3 already...

4. int32_t

int32_t Tesla Spotter

Curious if you could make a "home page" that has links to a couple variations on the theme, like letting the owner choose two different views from a list of variations -- one for the top and one for the bottom of the screen. Then an owner could customise the presentation for a more Model 3 focused presentation, or a Model X owner could select a show with more X information, or whatever. This could easily become a full-time job! :D

5. Footbag

Footbag Member

I'm sure someone could... but that someone isn't me... it is outside my skill set to add that level (or any level really!) of dynamic customization.