Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requesting only Mobile service

Kamban

Aug 21, 2019
South East USA
The AP in my SR+ has stopped working. The T symbol below PRND symbols that used to be there in the past are no more. Resetting the vehicle does nothing.

I live 100+ miles from the SC but coincidentally I heard the mobile tech for that SC lives in my town. So I would like him to see my vehicle first and determine if he can repair it or if the car needs to go to SC.

But when I open the app, open schedule service and describe the problem and click next it takes me to the nearest SC and asks me to choose an appoint time from the ones available. I don't see an option to not go to SC and instead choose mobile tech. How can I request that via the app.

I doubt that any calls placed to SC will help out since they don't answer any calls.

jelloslug

Jul 21, 2015
Greenville, SC
Try a full shutdown using the power off button in the service menu. You will have to sit in the car with it off for about 5 minutes for it to do a deeper reboot.

Reactions: Kamban

Kamban

Aug 21, 2019
South East USA
Try a full shutdown using the power off button in the service menu. You will have to sit in the car with it off for about 5 minutes for it to do a deeper reboot.

Tried that too after the first 2 soft reboots with the scroll button failed. But even the deep reboots did not help.

Earlier when I had tried the AP once it tried to take me into the right lane from the middle lane and nearly caused a major collision. I was about to give it one more try on a safe part of highway when I found it had gone and attempts to enable it gave the warning " AP needs to be enabled".

I guess there is a major malfunction in the camera or radar or software but I want the mobile tech to try and diagnose it first before asking me to drive 100+ miles.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
There is no way to "request mobile service" in the app. You make an appointment with the service center, and if Tesla feels that your service can be done with mobile tech they will reach out to you to change the appointment type.

I believe you can type in the description box (where you are typing the issue) that you request mobile service, but there is no way to schedule mobile service, as tesla is aware of what they feel might be resolvable by mobile service, and what isnt. If they had a "click here for mobile service" button, almost everyone would "click here" for things that obviously could not be done that way because humans are.. well ... human and will feel "well maybe they can do that motor replacement for ME with mobile service because thats better for my schedule".

devilmountain

Jan 31, 2018
Walnut Creek
I left a comment when making a service center appointment, I asked can a mobile tech take care of my issue. The service center called me a day before my appointment and scheduled a mobile tech to come out.

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC

lwgreenwood

Nov 1, 2019
High Point, North Carolina
I setup my appointment for the service center and asked if they could send mobile service since i'm 1.5 hrs away. They contacted me a week before my appt and said they would change my appt for mobile. They came out the next afternoon and I couldn't be happier. The tech was so friendly and offered to come to my work instead of home. He fixed my model 3 driver seat that had come apart. MOBILE SERVICE IS WONDERFUL. Makes me love Tesla even more.

sixty

Sep 21, 2018
NY
I tried the same by setting up an appointment and asked for mobile service since the closest service center is 2 hours away and it's in Canada. They canceled my appointment right out with no explanation.

I setup my appointment for the service center and asked if they could send mobile service since i'm 1.5 hrs away. They contacted me a week before my appt and said they would change my appt for mobile. They came out the next afternoon and I couldn't be happier. The tech was so friendly and offered to come to my work instead of home. He fixed my model 3 driver seat that had come apart. MOBILE SERVICE IS WONDERFUL. Makes me love Tesla even more.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC