Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requests for configuration help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think so, unless Model S is different than Roadster in this regard. First, some homework for you: Tesla Motors: A Bit About Batteries, which states:

What's not completely clear is whether Tesla's limit is for Standard Mode or Range Mode.

The question is: Is Range Mode indeed going up to the full 4.2volts/cell in Model S? If not, how far does it go?

Unfortunately, Tesla is letting its previous Roadster blog pages break down. The Roadster Efficiency and Range page, for instance, now lacks images. It mentions range mode going to 55kWh on Roadster's 56 kWh battery pack. So, that's more than 95%, but not 100%. Then again, we don't know what Tesla really means with its capacity ratings, and whether they're the sum of the ratings Panasonic has on the cells, or Tesla's own independent metric.

If Model S Range Mode is indeed 100% of 85kWh, then an EPA mile consumes about 321Watt-hours. Note that the EPA says it takes about 380Watt-hours, so the 60Watt-hour difference is charging losses. It would be even more if Range Mode is not 100% of the 85kWh.

We will probably split this discussion off but Tesla doesn't seem to give you access to the full 85 kWh (I think someone determined it might be around 81.5 kWh). They seem to save some at the bottom (so when you go to zero you have time to plug your car in) and I'd imagine they protect some at the top of the cell too like the Roadster so even a full Range charge doesn't actually charge each individual cell all the way. That was my understanding. I meant to say that a Range charge in the Model S gives you 100% of the range Tesla lets you have access to and a standard charge is 90% of that range.

Help Interior

Im debating between the perf and the 85 kw. Does anyone know if they would do the perf interior with Napa Leather and no the performance interior?
I'm not a big fan of the pipping and the sections of the front seats that are not leather of the perf.
Any advice/insight would be appreciated.

I meant to say that a Range charge in the Model S gives you 100% of the range Tesla lets you have access to and a standard charge is 90% of that range.
Agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

Im debating between the perf and the 85 kw. Does anyone know if they would do the perf interior with Napa Leather and no the performance interior?
I'm not a big fan of the pipping and the sections of the front seats that are not leather of the perf.
Any advice/insight would be appreciated.
I would contact Tesla to find out. If you start out your e-mail with...

"I'd like the Performance package for mechanical reasons, but prefer the non-Performance interior. Can Tesla accomodate me (even for the standard Performance package price)?"

If I were in Tesla's shoes, I would find it hard to say no to that request unless there are serious logistical problems with the request.