Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Required Delivery Time to HK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone, this is my very first post in the forum. My Telsa VIN9700X has finally changed its status to "In Transit". How long does it take to deliver from California to HK?? :confused::confused:

My expected delivery time is around late September

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Hello Bob, I dont have my Tesla yet but my sales mentioned it takes 2-3 weeks to arrive depending on logistics. I think you are checking the status everyday anyway :D

Everyone, this is my very first post in the forum. My Telsa VIN9700X has finally changed its status to "In Transit". How long does it take to deliver from California to HK?? :confused::confused:

My expected delivery time is around late September

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Haha indeed. I just gave my DS a call, and he said the car is due to arrive on early Oct and can be expected to take delivery on Mid-Oct! I wonder if it really needed that long but well....
Hello Bob, I dont have my Tesla yet but my sales mentioned it takes 2-3 weeks to arrive depending on logistics. I think you are checking the status everyday anyway :D

Ordered P85D with VIN96xxx and it has been in production since 19 Aug and STILL in production now! Anyone experiencing similar delay? Guess I am definitely not getting the car by the September preferred delivery date...

I think some tesla buyers have their cars moved from production completed back to In production because the car apparently did not pass QC...which sucks....hope we are lucky enough to get our car within the expected timeframe!!
Ordered P85D with VIN96xxx and it has been in production since 19 Aug and STILL in production now! Anyone experiencing similar delay? Guess I am definitely not getting the car by the September preferred delivery date...

I ordered my 70D in mid June. It is still in the production queue as of today - i.e 2.5 months. It sais preffered delivery date "Late October" although my DS tells me that November is more likely.

My DS tells me once it goes into production it can be in production for 3-4 weeks before it goes "in Transit". From there it can take a month before you receive the car. So for the car to arrive in November, it would need to go into production by the end of this month.

My concern is that the production could be delayed because of the ramp up in Model X production which apparently will be produced on the same production line.

I fear my car might only get delivered in December.

Gubes, my car was only in production for 4-5 days, and then it went into production completed and in transit in a day or 2. So don't believe everything the DS says, some of them tell you things in order not to get your hopes too high!

I ordered my 70D in mid June. It is still in the production queue as of today - i.e 2.5 months. It sais preffered delivery date "Late October" although my DS tells me that November is more likely.

My DS tells me once it goes into production it can be in production for 3-4 weeks before it goes "in Transit". From there it can take a month before you receive the car. So for the car to arrive in November, it would need to go into production by the end of this month.

My concern is that the production could be delayed because of the ramp up in Model X production which apparently will be produced on the same production line.

I fear my car might only get delivered in December.

Yes the DS will try to manage your expectations but they are doing that from experience. Delivery is often met with delays and much of it is out of the hands of Tesla HK.
The other thing is: we are told My Tesla is updated manually. It is not necessary a genuine reflection of what is happening. Speaking from my own experience, just over a year ago, my car was "in production" according to My Tesla for a day or two but we know it takes longer than that to actually build the car.

At the end of the day, your DS - though not 100% reliable - is still the best source for getting an ETA for your car.

Last edited: