Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requiring insurance on vehicle before funding the loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming you all here who have financed have run into this. I am finalizing my loan with Alliant and the final docusign says I must have insurance on the car listing Alliant as the lien holder on the date of the loan application.

That would mean I’d need to have the car insured today basically two weeks before I take delivery of the car. Have you all experienced this? I can understand that it would need insurance before you drive it off the lot and sign for it, but this just seems weird. I plan on calling my DS tomorrow.

Thoughts? Experiences?

I got my VIN a month or so before it went into production. The reason why this was so complicated was because I was going to switch from safeco to allstate once I got my model X because it's way cheaper. That made it difficult because I don't have a current insurance agent that's going to help me through this.

I think I'm going to just swap insurance companies right now, and then upload the new insurance policy that shows the insurance on my X effective on the tentative pickup date.

Thanks everyone for chiming in on this thread, appreciate it!

I'm about to step out to send my signed title (WTF) to Tesla via fedex before I even get to pick up my other car.

I really hate the state of Texas and TADA which is absolutely garbage and a total inconvenience to a minority of people who want to buy a different car from a non-franchised store. /rant

:)