Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resale guarantee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually I had the same question. So for those that financed and received the guarantee buy-back how does that truly work. I know we received a certificate guaranteeing the rate, but do they factor in "costs" associated with buying it back so you actually get less? For example if you call Tesla and tell them you want to sell or trade they will give you a quote but they deduct (–) Tesla cost to resell ($4,000) and (–) Warranty extension cost (1% per year) ($1,300). When I called to get my trade, the offer was 65% of original value, but after they deducted cost to resell and warranty extension it actually came out to 59% of original value.
When we sell or trade using the guarantee buy-back will they factor in those costs and pay you less?

since I was getting the Model X 3 months before by guaranteed resale value started, they actually offered me $2k LESS than the guaranteed resale value, I questioned them on this, and they said ok, they would just give me the stated guaranteed resale value....

I said no thanks and in two days I sold my P85 for $8k more than my guaranteed resale value.....