Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resale or Trade-in for 1st Production to buy AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts on where 1st Productions are actually selling? In NW Indiana / Chicagoland / SW Michigan area seeing them offered almost at original cost or more, but I don't believe people are actually paying that. Is there any data on what price people are actually paying? Mine was an April delivery, so fairly fresh off the line. Have two line waiter reservations, used one already and don't need two cars. I will assume 7500 will still be available when offered delivery of AWD, so its like getting 15,000 off but paying the taxes twice and depreciation eat away at that quickly. Would be nice if whole thing can be done without taking any loss. Any thoughts on what Tesla will offer for trade-in for CPO or loaner fleet? Even a slight discount to not have to deal with selling it myself could be worth it.

The timing of 3 to 4 months between config to delivery doesn't help the math here either...need to commit to the AWD before really knowing what you will get for the RWD.

Look at the completed listings on ebay for an idea on sales prices. There are a few non-AP cars that were sold in May with >1000 miles for $46k. Others with a few hundred miles in the low 50's. High mark had delivery miles, AP and sport wheels in red for $59.5k.

Any thoughts on where 1st Productions are actually selling? In NW Indiana / Chicagoland / SW Michigan area seeing them offered almost at original cost or more, but I don't believe people are actually paying that. Is there any data on what price people are actually paying? Mine was an April delivery, so fairly fresh off the line. Have two line waiter reservations, used one already and don't need two cars. I will assume 7500 will still be available when offered delivery of AWD, so its like getting 15,000 off but paying the taxes twice and depreciation eat away at that quickly. Would be nice if whole thing can be done without taking any loss. Any thoughts on what Tesla will offer for trade-in for CPO or loaner fleet? Even a slight discount to not have to deal with selling it myself could be worth it.

The timing of 3 to 4 months between config to delivery doesn't help the math here either...need to commit to the AWD before really knowing what you will get for the RWD.
Don't forget that you'll only get $15k off if you owe that much in federal taxes.

In my case, I can only take advantage of it once per year or I'd end up losing a chunk off the second $7,500.