Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resale Value: 2020 Tesla Model S Performance w/FSD for sale - Manufacture date: July 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title suggests, I am wanting to sell my 2020 Model S performance. It was manufactured in July 2020 but I picked it up in October 2020 but the car was built in July 2020. The car was always garage kept and is in top notch condition. I'm wanting to see how much I can get for it. Looking forward to seeing how much I can sell it for. Please remember that the car has FSD too. Thank you .

For a price comparison, Tesla has new inventory 2020 Performance S’s with a few hundred miles currently priced from 82k. They are without FSD so add another $10k for that. A used one should represent a discount from a new one and likely you wouldn’t recoup the full 10k from FSD because most people don’t buy it so you would need to find a buyer who is willing to buy one with it. Tesla offered me low $70’s for my loaded red/white 3,000 mile 21", 2019 Performance S with FSD.

For a price comparison, Tesla has new inventory 2020 Performance S’s with a few hundred miles currently priced from 82k. They are without FSD so add another $10k for that. A used one should represent a discount from a new one and likely you wouldn’t recoup the full 10k from FSD because most people don’t buy it so you would need to find a buyer who is willing to buy one with it. Tesla offered me low $70’s for my loaded red/white 3,000 mile 21", 2019 Performance S with FSD.

Thank you for a very helpful post. You're right, Tesla does have 2020 variants for between 92-96k including FSD. Hm I am hoping if you got offered in the low 70s for a 2019 variant, may be I can get in the mid to high 80s for my 2020

I just bought a 2019 Model S Performance Raven with 9k miles and FSD for $81k from a dealer. Same spec. Pretty much the same car but 1 yr less warranty (pro-rated at $4750/4 = $1200). So, I'd say $82-83k. What Tesla offers on a trade and fair market value are 2 different things. The $90k+ cars are sitting for a long time since FSD isn't worth $10k on the used market currently due to limited functionality

Thank you for a very helpful post. You're right, Tesla does have 2020 variants for between 92-96k including FSD. Hm I am hoping if you got offered in the low 70s for a 2019 variant, may be I can get in the mid to high 80s for my 2020
I think you could easily get 85-90k. You should list on OnlyUsedTesla.com. They get a lot of traffic and users report very quick sales for well priced cars. Personally I would list at 89,500.

• Love
Reactions: umair239