Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resale value guarantee crap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Build a model S in the configuration section, select pcp finance and you get a RVG figure.

Go into the apply for PCP finance section and the RVG is less, by about 3k for my configuration meaning higher monthly payments of about £100. This has finally put me off buying. Bloody Brexit

2 different RVG figures, higher one when configuring, lower one in final stages. Sort yourselves out tesla!

I see your point. My point is that same configuration, with same deposit down, went up by another £100 a month. Bam! Jesus christ of Nazareth.

The site shows you a monthly figure, only for it to be £100 more at the last hurdle! Go back and build car again, same, £100 less a month. Just want them to sort the bloody site out.

Nothing on the UK site mentions RSV being discontinued, or a difference in its percentages (50% base price and 43% options I think it is) causing this different figure.

Last edited:
I was told by my Tesla salesman about a week ago that the PCP plans were changing from 1 July, with residual value being reduced and monthly payments increasing. I ordered before 1 July because of this and got a PCP figure very close to the indicative one (a few quid different).

I sounds like they've changed their 'real' finance app, but not the indicative one on the design page. Hopefully that's just an oversight - if not, it's a bit misleading. Always worth complaining to the salesman - they might give you the pre-July PCP deal.

I was told by my Tesla salesman about a week ago that the PCP plans were changing from 1 July, with residual value being reduced and monthly payments increasing. I ordered before 1 July because of this and got a PCP figure very close to the indicative one (a few quid different).

I sounds like they've changed their 'real' finance app, but not the indicative one on the design page. Hopefully that's just an oversight - if not, it's a bit misleading. Always worth complaining to the salesman - they might give you the pre-July PCP deal.

Yeah this is what's happened. It's very slack of them. And makes the payments just too annoying now unfortunately

They have not met their targets this quarter it seems. I've never seen a price reduction from them, who knows eh. Tesla sales rep said it comes into force on the 7th July, so I asked him to honour the cheaper payments

Build a model S in the configuration section, select pcp finance and you get a RVG figure.

Go into the apply for PCP finance section and the RVG is less, by about 3k for my configuration meaning higher monthly payments of about £100. This has finally put me off buying. Bloody Brexit

2 different RVG figures, higher one when configuring, lower one in final stages. Sort yourselves out tesla!

The lower RVG came in today actually. 1st August. Pcp is not attractive now. Oh well. Model 3 it is then