TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Resale value guarantee crap

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Lawtq, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Lawtq

Lawtq Member

Build a model S in the configuration section, select pcp finance and you get a RVG figure.

Go into the apply for PCP finance section and the RVG is less, by about 3k for my configuration meaning higher monthly payments of about £100. This has finally put me off buying. Bloody Brexit

2 different RVG figures, higher one when configuring, lower one in final stages. Sort yourselves out tesla!

2. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Well, you won't have to worry. As I understand it the RVG program has quietly been discontinued as of 30th June, which is to say last week.

Besides, private market sales seemed to outpace the RVG amount of approximately 48% by 7-10% anyway.

Buy, buy, buy! You won't be sorry.

• Like x 2
  3. Lawtq

Lawtq Member

#3 Lawtq, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    I see your point. My point is that same configuration, with same deposit down, went up by another £100 a month. Bam! Jesus christ of Nazareth.

The site shows you a monthly figure, only for it to be £100 more at the last hurdle! Go back and build car again, same, £100 less a month. Just want them to sort the bloody site out.

Nothing on the UK site mentions RSV being discontinued, or a difference in its percentages (50% base price and 43% options I think it is) causing this different figure.

4. NullException

NullException Member

I was told by my Tesla salesman about a week ago that the PCP plans were changing from 1 July, with residual value being reduced and monthly payments increasing. I ordered before 1 July because of this and got a PCP figure very close to the indicative one (a few quid different).

I sounds like they've changed their 'real' finance app, but not the indicative one on the design page. Hopefully that's just an oversight - if not, it's a bit misleading. Always worth complaining to the salesman - they might give you the pre-July PCP deal.

5. Lawtq

Lawtq Member

Yeah this is what's happened. It's very slack of them. And makes the payments just too annoying now unfortunately

6. NullException

NullException Member

I think I would have made the same decision if my monthly payments were £100+ more. Maybe they'll reconsider next quarter if it hurts their sales.

7. Lawtq

Lawtq Member

They have not met their targets this quarter it seems. I've never seen a price reduction from them, who knows eh. Tesla sales rep said it comes into force on the 7th July, so I asked him to honour the cheaper payments

8. TC56

TC56 Member

You could increase your deposit amount. It is capped at 30% but would reduce the monthly payment. Of course you need the extra lump sum.

9. cheshire cat

cheshire cat Member

just read a long and quite technical(fiscally speaking) explanation on RGV - it's original need, who subbed it (amazing) and why it has now been discontinued, additionally it's effect on GAPP and non GAPP accounting--there could be some surprises before long!!!! talk about "the man" having faith in his product

10. Lawtq

Lawtq Member

The lower RVG came in today actually. 1st August. Pcp is not attractive now. Oh well. Model 3 it is then

11. Rohan

Rohan New Member

Well I ordered on the 12th and the RVG went down again (payments up) on the Monday (I checked). I didn't notice any change between July and August