TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Resale value guarantee. Worth leasing for?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by mrpseudonym, Nov 26, 2016.

1. mrpseudonym

mrpseudonym Member

with the alleged impending arrival of a model X, I have been thinking about finance methods. I had an issue many years ago paying dearly to exit a lease before the term was up, so it's not my preferred option, but with Macquarie leasing offering a resale guarantee, and the model X being, well..the model X should we consider this as a form of insurance? Anyone with an MS that has resold their car care to comment. I see also that the resale guarantee has been dropped in the US for the model S but don't know if this applies to the X as well.

2. raynewman

raynewman Member

Although I haven't sold my Model S 85 RWD, I think (from watching prices) the current market value is about what I paid for it (128k) nearly two years ago. I'm certainly not going to sweat about the resale value.

3. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

I wouldn't be sure of that. Most of the Model S on carsales have been there for 6 months.

4. alpal

alpal Member

Not sure about now but when I bought my car(s) carsales wasn't exactly portraying a "true" market. There seemed to be a few opportunists waiting to pounce and very few (read if any) actual cars for sale.

5. Xwing

Xwing Member

I went with the resale guarantee mainly because now that these cars are essentially a tech item it's really difficult to know how much value they will loose over the next 3-5 years. Especially once the Model 3 arrives!

6. mrpseudonym

mrpseudonym Member

Small update for those who care! ANZ seems to have replaced Macquarie Leasing as Tesla's preferred finance provider. 4.75% against ML's 4.99. Looks like a deal was done somewhere.

• Like x 1
  7. nigwil

nigwil Member

Is ANZ offering a resale-guarantee price as part of their leasing for Tesla?

8. ND100

ND100 Member

The resale value guarantee is still listed on Tesla's site.

9. mrpseudonym

mrpseudonym Member

I contacted macq leasing about this and was told that the resale guarantee is between tesla and the buyer, not the finance company *but* you need to finance the car to get it. So yes you get it if you finance with ANZ