Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resale value guarantee. Worth leasing for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
with the alleged impending arrival of a model X, I have been thinking about finance methods. I had an issue many years ago paying dearly to exit a lease before the term was up, so it's not my preferred option, but with Macquarie leasing offering a resale guarantee, and the model X being, well..the model X should we consider this as a form of insurance? Anyone with an MS that has resold their car care to comment. I see also that the resale guarantee has been dropped in the US for the model S but don't know if this applies to the X as well.

with the alleged impending arrival of a model X, I have been thinking about finance methods. I had an issue many years ago paying dearly to exit a lease before the term was up, so it's not my preferred option, but with Macquarie leasing offering a resale guarantee, and the model X being, well..the model X should we consider this as a form of insurance? Anyone with an MS that has resold their car care to comment. I see also that the resale guarantee has been dropped in the US for the model S but don't know if this applies to the X as well.
Although I haven't sold my Model S 85 RWD, I think (from watching prices) the current market value is about what I paid for it (128k) nearly two years ago. I'm certainly not going to sweat about the resale value.