Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resale Value Guarantee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you can return on the day after the 36th month anniversary. I did that. But it will still be 1 day after your 36th month. Technically you do not need to renew insurance and licence if you arrange for the car to be towed back or if you are able to get a T-plate.

Many thanks dlty. Did you get in full what you were guaranteed as mentioned in the RVG Agreement? Any need to do fixings before returning the car?

yep got full rvg after fixing all the things they asked to fix... And yes I extended my insurance and registration then canceled it after. The cheaper option is to get a flatbed to tow your car to the service center in the 37th month. Selling back for RVG is a good idea, considering whats happening with these insurance rates!

@MingMan, apologies for the late response. Since selling under RVG, I have not been active on this board. I am "in-between" my next Tesla.

Yes, I did get the full value under the contract, minus excess mileage and repairs. Most of the repairs were done outside. I had a few paint chips (painted outside, much cheaper) and scratches on the leather seat (just get them painted, no need to change the leather!).

When I signed up with Orix, I think I paid around 40% so a few weeks after selling under the RVG, I receive a small refund from Orix. That was nice.

I returned my model S early Jan. Now found out from Tesla used car page that my car is selling 100K under my return value. Now I am glad that my car has been returned, and it looks like Tesla has a problem dealing with the returned inventories

Hi All, having the same issue as above. The car went in for service in first 12 months due to almost exploding on charge. They fixed it all but claim I didn’t do an annual inspection so the RVG isn’t valid. However the terms of mine are more relaxed than the ones posted in this forum. Am in discussion to see if they will make an exception as the 2nd hand market prices seem quite awful at the moment on 28car.com.

Am pretty irritated about this though. Anyone have any suggestion about best way to sell if we get stuck with it?

@MingMan, apologies for the late response. Since selling under RVG, I have not been active on this board. I am "in-between" my next Tesla.

Yes, I did get the full value under the contract, minus excess mileage and repairs. Most of the repairs were done outside. I had a few paint chips (painted outside, much cheaper) and scratches on the leather seat (just get them painted, no need to change the leather!).

When I signed up with Orix, I think I paid around 40% so a few weeks after selling under the RVG, I receive a small refund from Orix. That was nice.
hi , Where do you have the paint repair? Minor scratches repair must be done at Tesla approved body shops only for valid RVG? or any paint shop will do?

I'm about to exercise my RVG, and I'm getting my MS tidied up by Invo Autotec, 151-153 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong. I haven't used them yet, but a friend has had work done on his MS and MX, and is very happy with them. The owner is Gilbert Chow, and he's very familiar with RVG requirements.