TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Resale value guaranty

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Silverbird, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Silverbird

Silverbird Member

Tesla has offered the resale value guarantee on the 36-37 months after delivery of new model S for Hong Kong owners. It's strange that this guarantee is not worldwide and the calculation of resale value differs from country to country. For Japan, this guarantee offers at the 48-49 months after delivery.

2. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

A lot of applicable conditions, it's really for future new buyers, e.g. "The Resale Value Guarantee program cannot be retroactively applied to owners who have already taken delivery of their Model S...." also I would certainly do more than 36,000k at 37th month and "...you must finance a minimum of 60% of the vehicle (on approved credit) for a term between 36 and 72 months....".

I guess this is designed for potential buyers having doubts on EV.

3. dickson.chan

dickson.chan Member

heard this attracted a group of buyers. fyi, I am one of those expecting a P85D.

4. Geist

Geist Member

Sure, it is attractive. I dun think any model s can be sold above 70% after 3 years.

5. Linus Van Pelt

Same here. definitely a big boost for my purchase. Mine is Model S 70D.

6. robin051

robin051 Member

Sorry to bring this old thread up. Could someone elaborate on the financing details in order to be eligible for the resale value guarantee plan?

Cheers,
    Robin.