TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Resale Value of Performance Model 3 vs. LR AWD

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by j-fish, Mar 7, 2020.

1. j-fish

j-fish New Member

OBVIOUS NOTE: Yes, this may sound like a rational way to justify purchasing the P3D+. That aside, my interest is to determine how the value is holding up of the Model 3 Performance versus the LR AWD vehicles. So I pulled a rough sample across the country of all the used Model 3 P3D+ and LR AWD cars (2018 & 2019) currently for sale that I could find. Based on "for sale prices" only (not sold), the rough calculations look like the P3D+ vehicles are still averaging about $7K more after both the 2018 and 2019 years. Again, I don't know how the sold prices vary between the two vehicles.

Anyone have any better information? Granted there will always be less supply of used P3D+'s on the market because they don't sell anywhere near as much as the LR AWD vehicles (and less leases) and people who buy P3D+s probably keep them more often. This may drive up the resale price a bit but hard to estimate. Looking for more information that someone else has already come across. Thanks!

2. Mr. Burrito

Mr. Burrito Member

You can search Ebay motors by sold listings to see what people actually paid.

• Disagree x 1
  3. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

Yeah you'll need data on sold prices, which is probably relatively few and far between.

Listed prices is gonna not help a ton, especially for older ones.

The MSRP difference was as much as $16,000 at one point in 2018, so a 7k difference is pretty terrible depreciation on the P in that example. OTOH it's now "only" about $8000 so 7k looks pretty good by that standard.