Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resale Value?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it's AutoNation that will call you back. I used that form to value my Prius when buying my MS. They offered by $11k. I sold it privately for $13.5k in one week.

Mentioned here or elsewhere, Tesla is handling the used car quotes for Teslas, not Autonation.

Autonation is the worst.. They "offered" me $25k for my 2010 BMW Z4 loaded, very low miles, etc. I sold it privately for $37k, and even that was below market value.

Mentioned here or elsewhere, Tesla is handling the used car quotes for Teslas, not Autonation.

Autonation is the worst.. They "offered" me $25k for my 2010 BMW Z4 loaded, very low miles, etc. I sold it privately for $37k, and even that was below market value.
The whole marketis hard to understand. When I got my car I had a "14 Tacoma that I bought in Jan. They gave me 27K trade-in for it. I had been trying to sell it on a tacoma blog for amonth with no takers at 25K. Add in taxes and I got 29. I put 9K miles on the thing from Jan-Aug. So it worked out well for me. I felt lucky and happy and gave them the truck before the car was delivered.

If Autonation had given me an offer anywhere near "dealer trade-in" book value (about $33k), I probably would have taken it,but they had to be extremely greedy with their $25k offer, it was insulting. Somehow I convinced myself that since Tesla was working with Autonation exclusively, that maybe they would be making decent offers for used cars. Nope. They were just trying to extract as much money as possible.