TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rescheduled for the 3rd time...

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by rich89, Aug 12, 2018.

1. rich89

rich89 Member

First one was due to tesla not delivering contract in time for my credit union to fund the loan. (This wouldn't have mattered because of the next reason.)

Reschedule #2 - vehicle didn't pass inspection. Paint issues. Had to have Vin reassigned.

Reschedule #3 - new vin assigned and arrived but vehicle is not going to be ready for delivery. Now I don't have a set time for the next delivery. I'm most worried about needing a 3rd Vin as that will take another week or two to get.

I understand the need for quality to be top notch but either I have the worst luck imaginable or there are some major quality control issues.

Pray for me...

• Love x 2
  2. rextan55

rextan55 Member

Where are picking up if yoy dont mind me asking.

3. rich89

rich89 Member

Marina del rey...or should I say, not picking up from hah!

4. rextan55

rextan55 Member

ahh man. mine got delayed there too. good luck!!

5. CTinCA

CTinCA Member

Mine as well.. I am waiting for my rescheduled appointment.. No call or e-mail as promised.. I am out the $$ with
    no car and no one talking to me.. The delivery team has sucked all the excitement out of the Tesla experience... I hope the issue is really just “logistical” and easily remedied..

6. rich89

rich89 Member

Same...I was so excited now I'm just depressed.

7. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

Mine was pearl white that did not pass , was Everyone else’s white as well?

Still waiting for a new VIN, down payment already paid and funded , loan on standby status till new VIN assigned

8. rich89

rich89 Member

Blue rwd here. When did you find out that you were delayed?

9. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

As mentioned else where my deep blue also ddid not pass but it gave me an opportunity to upgrade....

10. CTinCA

CTinCA Member

Mine is Blue RWD too..Hope we are not getting the same problem vehicle

11. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

Last tuesday 6pm, got the call and was trying to answer, but it went to voicemail saying needs new vin assigned. interesting that the paint inpection crosses different colors

12. boriszima

boriszima Member

what do you know, I was supposed to pick up my AWD from Marina Del Ray last Thursday. My account was not updating to make payment, so i called ISA who said oh yeah, Tesla is recalling a batch of cars, yours is in it, will tell you on Monday whats up.

@rich89 and @rextan55 - at least they told us ahead of time, and we did not have to find out ourselves there or down the line. who knows, maybe we run into each other this week, lets see who gets their car first. Mine is White AWD with 19s

Of course i got my loan started, which i need to start making payments for a car i dont have and VIN might change (ISA mentioned that depending on the outcome) of inspection. Fun times.

• Informative x 2
  13. rich89

rich89 Member

How can you be paying for a loan if you never received the car? I'd follow up with your loan officer and let them know the situation. Maybe you will be fine since you never took delivery.

14. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@boriszima,

What is the recall for? Paint? Maybe they’re finally getting on top of this paint issue? Please post here when you find out.

Ski

• Informative x 1
  15. rextan55

rextan55 Member

That would be cool. I haven’t gotten a new VIN yet and an address typo came back on my account, so I’m not feeling overly optimistic.

But I’m getting a black p3d with FSD and 18” wheels. Ive been postponing long drives I had planned lol.

16. FrankieG

FrankieG Member

Another white AWD from MDR cancelled twice. “Logistics” they say. I’m still waiting for any new info, delivery date. Previous VIN disappeared also.

17. rich89

rich89 Member

Well this isn't looking good for my reschedule. Of course I can't get an answer from them because no one will pickup the phone.

18. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Hmmm my “earliest possible” delivery date slipped from 8/17 to 8/21. Wonder if it is related to this sone sort of “recall”. I haven’t been given a new VIN and am in WA state but who knows.

19. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

It probably is beyond paint being that different colors were affected

20. rich89

rich89 Member

I believe Elon mentioned the paint shop needing work on the conference call.