Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rescheduled for the 3rd time...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how long did it take to get a new VIN assigned? Mine was cancelled on 8/7 with a meesage saying i need to be rematched and has been radio silence. My config was for rwd pearl white. They have my down payment and the rest is pending a VIN for financing.

In the phone now to see if MDR has any info , but its been ringing for 15 mins

I found out from two sources yesterday that my car is not yet in Burbank but somehow in transit from Fremont. There is a new story almost every time I call. Supposedly I have been escalated to priority and it should not be too long, days vs weeks, for delivery.. I have been promised daily updates but not sure that will happen..

I found out from two sources yesterday that my car is not yet in Burbank but somehow in transit from Fremont. There is a new story almost every time I call. Supposedly I have been escalated to priority and it should not be too long, days vs weeks, for delivery.. I have been promised daily updates but not sure that will happen..

You're not alone at least. My car supposedly left Fremont 12 days ago. Somehow (according to multiple reps) it's 'still in transit'. Fremont to Burbank/MDR is what? 5 hours?

I called the generic sales number and the rep supposedly IM'd my IDA for info. Was told my car majorly 'failed inspection' and they were weighing options as to reassigning a VIN or repairing the car. (Keep in mind they won't give me the VIN for the original either).

Calling my IDA the next day got me: 'It's still in transit and I haven't heard anything from the delivery center, I'm trying to get a response from that team'.

Which is it? Did the sales rep goof? Is my IDA bs'ing me? *throws hands in air*

You're not alone at least. My car supposedly left Fremont 12 days ago. Somehow (according to multiple reps) it's 'still in transit'. Fremont to Burbank/MDR is what? 5 hours?

I called the generic sales number and the rep supposedly IM'd my IDA for info. Was told my car majorly 'failed inspection' and they were weighing options as to reassigning a VIN or repairing the car. (Keep in mind they won't give me the VIN for the original either).

Calling my IDA the next day got me: 'It's still in transit and I haven't heard anything from the delivery center, I'm trying to get a response from that team'.

Which is it? Did the sales rep goof? Is my IDA bs'ing me? *throws hands in air*

I am concerned that is the issue with my car as well... I can handle the truth just not the BS.. Maybe it is still in Fremont due to issues... Hoping it passes inspection and gets moving this way... I am getting close to throwing in the towel and accepting that Tesla cannot deliver me a car... This has not been the exciting experience I expected... Very, very frustrating...

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
What is the status of getting your car? Have they provided you with an update?

I had another (this is #3) failed delivery yesterday, Aug. 21 (black, RWD, aero), car went thru QC, was already at MDR deliver center, right before I arrived it was going thru a car wash/detailing, guy noticed a small scratch on the left rear door, they tried to correct it somehow and made it worse (much worse, it was clearly visible from 10 feet away), so now the car has to go to a body shop for the door to be repainted. Needless to say, I didn't sign the purchase agreement or accept that car.

Trying to be really "zen" about this, maybe the universe doesn't want me to buy a black car. A friend of my came with me, he used to work at a Porsche dealership, said black is an unforgiving color, it will show every flaw, and since I'm buying this car (instead of leasing it) it's something to consider.

There were several Model 3s there at the same time, looked at all, and told them to find me a white or a silver (light silver, not the midnight one), ASAP. Now I'm back to waiting.

I had another (this is #3) failed delivery yesterday, Aug. 21 (black, RWD, aero), car went thru QC, was already at MDR deliver center, right before I arrived it was going thru a car wash/detailing, guy noticed a small scratch on the left rear door, they tried to correct it somehow and made it worse (much worse, it was clearly visible from 10 feet away), so now the car has to go to a body shop for the door to be repainted. Needless to say, I didn't sign the purchase agreement or accept that car.

Trying to be really "zen" about this, maybe the universe doesn't want me to buy a black car. A friend of my came with me, he used to work at a Porsche dealership, said black is an unforgiving color, it will show every flaw, and since I'm buying this car (instead of leasing it) it's something to consider.

There were several Model 3s there at the same time, looked at all, and told them to find me a white or a silver (light silver, not the midnight one), ASAP. Now I'm back to waiting.
It’s called a vinyl wrap or ceramic coating 9H lol

Reactions: Jedi2155
A report just released mentioned that the majority of the cars produced in June need additional rework... Maybe that is why mine is still there.. I guess "In Transit" is the code for the double checking of the car... Scary.. At least hopefully they will now correct everything before the delivery.. Fingers crossed

It seems to me there is no movement until they actually schedule a delivery. I was told on 8/7 my car was being delivered, but have received daily updates that this wasn't on the schedule yet for delivery because it hasn't been inspected. After I called MDR, they said lets schedule delivery for you which will trigger the delivery for inspection. Once this was done, my delivery date showed up online along with the Purchase Agreement.

It seems to me there is no movement until they actually schedule a delivery. I was told on 8/7 my car was being delivered, but have received daily updates that this wasn't on the schedule yet for delivery because it hasn't been inspected. After I called MDR, they said lets schedule delivery for you which will trigger the delivery for inspection. Once this was done, my delivery date showed up online along with the Purchase Agreement.

My delivery date and VIN have now showed up on my account page, but the MVPA was sent via separate e-mail... I assume it is not required to be on there. I have a copy if needed...

Fingers remain crossed that this delivery will happen...

The final MVPA that my bank needs is the signed copy with both the Delivery Center and my signature. There come a point where they'll ask for your electronic signature. The ordering page electronic agreement is just for reference only. The final version come via email.

So I just had the similar issue:

Said my car was in Burbank last week and ready for delivery. 2 days before delivery date, canceld, and told me car actually is still in "pre-production" and hadn't even been built yet.

My VIN was assigned, and now removed with an estimated September delivery date.