TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rescue Sheet for Tesla

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by EV_de, Sep 29, 2011.

1. EV_de

EV_de Model SP10/XP9 EU ZOE#47

#1 EV_de, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Behind the sun visor, huh. Wouldn't fit, especially since I took mine off...

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Here is one for BMW Mini-E:
    Rettungskarte+MINI+E+gesamt.jpe

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#4 TEG, Sep 29, 2011
    Related:
    Die ADAC-Rettungskarte. Fachinformationen für Rettungskräfte

e-Wolf Delta1:
    http://www.ewolf-car.com/uploads/tx_mpdownloadcenterlight/Rettungskarte_EVs_01.pdf

LUIS 4U:
    http://www.luis.de/files/Elektroauto/Rettungskarte_LUIS_4U.pdf

Th!nk:
    http://www.adac.de/_mm/pdf/Think_70737.pdf

5. ChargeIt!

ChargeIt! Member

I wonder if EU regulations *require* this card to be available. And that leads me to wonder ... did Tesla provide one for the Roadster ?

6. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

I don't know if you'll be able to find something like that online for the Roadster but Tesla might send you one, if necessary. Just send them an email. :smile: They probably included that car in the owner materials with the manual (etc.).

I don't think anything will fit behind the Roadster's sun visors. :tongue:

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#7 NigelM, Sep 29, 2011
    Translation:

"Rescue-Cards for Hybrids and EVs are becoming an everyday occurrence for Fire-Rescue: An example being the Toyota Hybrid Prius which is both gas and electric powered. Thanks to the Rescue-Cards rescue personnel quickly know what to do. This technical sheet shows in detail where the electric cables run. Good, because: alternative energy vehicles are often new to Fire-Rescue personnel.

Despite training on dealing with EVs and Hydrogen powered cars, personnel have to get used to dealing with the specifics in real life. Undoubtedly, the number of these registrations is climbing. As is the danger. Hybrids and EVs have up to 650volts running through the cables. By comparison: 230volts is what comes through your normal household socket. Cutting through a car's electric cable can lead to serious injuries.

When cutting open Hydrogen powered vehicles rescuers also have to work carefully: where are the cable runs, where is the gas tank, and where are the safety vents allowing gas to escape in case of a fire? This important information can be found by Fire-Rescue on the ADAC-Rescue Cards."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't think these are compulsory; but they are a service provided by the auto manufacturers and the ADAC (German version of the U.S. AAA). ADAC also provides a window sticker so that Fire-Rescue know you have one of these things in the event that they have to cut you out of your car.

8. zack

zack Member

If I understand correctly, the disconnect for the battery pack is located inside the hole where the left trunk hinge enters the car. It takes a very skinny arm to reach in there and you can't really see anything once you're in.

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I've been thinking about it and I believe it's pretty redundant for the Roadster. If you have a crash that bad, you're likely to be rescued through the roof (soft or hard), plus all the power and HV stuff is in the rear, plus CF tends to break up anyway, plus I wouldn't know where to put a window sticker....

10. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Look under the front hood. There on the left side (driver's side for US cars) is a wire that can be cut that disables the ESS and the Airbags. It has a yellow warning around it.

11. ChargeIt!

ChargeIt! Member

For a 1.5 Roadster the location is on the rear right of the car, along the right edge of the PEM. But I am not sure it also disables the ESS. On the 1.5 it appears to only disable the SRS, but the fact that is located along the PEM where the main HV cables attach ... hmmm ... does anyone know for sure ?

12. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

What I think that cutting that wire does is disables one of the 12v lines to the PEM and makes that unable to close the contactors in the battery pack.

13. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Nice find TEG!

14. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Hmm, battery materials don't list copper or aluminum as components. Plus how do some of the components range from 0-15%? Sometimes they leave stuff out?

15. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Great find TEG!

16. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I guess it's just a chart of active materials, not all battery components.