Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rescue Sheet for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is one for BMW Mini-E:
Rettungskarte+MINI+E+gesamt.jpe

Related:
Die ADAC-Rettungskarte. Fachinformationen für Rettungskräfte

Die Rettungskarte für Hybrid –und Elektroautos Aus dem Alltag der Feuerwehr: Einsatz am Toyota Prius Hybrid, der mit Benzin und Strom betrieben wird. Dank der im Auto bereits vorhandenen Rettungskarte konnten das die Einsatzkräfte rechtzeitig erkennen. Das technische Datenblatt zeigt hier ganz detailliert, wo die elektrischen Leitungen verlaufen. Gut, weil: Alternative Antriebe sind für die Feuerwehren oft noch Neuland.
Trotz Schulungen für den Umgang mit verunfallten Elektro- und Gasfahrzeugen müssen sich die Helfer erst noch in der Praxis an die technischen Eigenheiten gewöhnen. Fest steht: Die Zulassungszahlen steigen. Und damit die Gefahr. Bei Hybrid -und Elektrofahrzeugen laufen immerhin bis zu 650 Volt Spannung durch die Leitungen. Zum Vergleich: Aus einer normalen Steckdose kommen 230 Volt. Wird ein Stromkabel im Auto gekappt, kann es zu schwersten Verletzungen kommen.
Auch beim Aufschneiden von Gasautos müssen die Einsatzkräfte äußerst vorsichtig vorgehen: Wo laufen Leitungen, wo liegt der Gas-Tank, und wo sind die Sicherheitsventile, durch die das Gas bei einem Brand abgelassen wird? Diese wichtigen technischen Informationen finden die Feuerwehrmänner auf der ADAC-Rettungskarte.

e-Wolf Delta1:
http://www.ewolf-car.com/uploads/tx_mpdownloadcenterlight/Rettungskarte_EVs_01.pdf

LUIS 4U:
http://www.luis.de/files/Elektroauto/Rettungskarte_LUIS_4U.pdf

Th!nk:
http://www.adac.de/_mm/pdf/Think_70737.pdf

Last edited:
I don't know if you'll be able to find something like that online for the Roadster but Tesla might send you one, if necessary. Just send them an email. :smile: They probably included that car in the owner materials with the manual (etc.).

Behind the sun visor, huh. Wouldn't fit, especially since I took mine off...

I don't think anything will fit behind the Roadster's sun visors. :tongue:

Die Rettungskarte für Hybrid –und Elektroautos Aus dem Alltag der Feuerwehr: Einsatz am Toyota Prius Hybrid, der mit Benzin und Strom betrieben wird. Dank der im Auto bereits vorhandenen Rettungskarte konnten das die Einsatzkräfte rechtzeitig erkennen. Das technische Datenblatt zeigt hier ganz detailliert, wo die elektrischen Leitungen verlaufen. Gut, weil: Alternative Antriebe sind für die Feuerwehren oft noch Neuland.
Trotz Schulungen für den Umgang mit verunfallten Elektro- und Gasfahrzeugen müssen sich die Helfer erst noch in der Praxis an die technischen Eigenheiten gewöhnen. Fest steht: Die Zulassungszahlen steigen. Und damit die Gefahr. Bei Hybrid -und Elektrofahrzeugen laufen immerhin bis zu 650 Volt Spannung durch die Leitungen. Zum Vergleich: Aus einer normalen Steckdose kommen 230 Volt. Wird ein Stromkabel im Auto gekappt, kann es zu schwersten Verletzungen kommen.
Auch beim Aufschneiden von Gasautos müssen die Einsatzkräfte äußerst vorsichtig vorgehen: Wo laufen Leitungen, wo liegt der Gas-Tank, und wo sind die Sicherheitsventile, durch die das Gas bei einem Brand abgelassen wird? Diese wichtigen technischen Informationen finden die Feuerwehrmänner auf der ADAC-Rettungskarte.

Translation:

"Rescue-Cards for Hybrids and EVs are becoming an everyday occurrence for Fire-Rescue: An example being the Toyota Hybrid Prius which is both gas and electric powered. Thanks to the Rescue-Cards rescue personnel quickly know what to do. This technical sheet shows in detail where the electric cables run. Good, because: alternative energy vehicles are often new to Fire-Rescue personnel.

Despite training on dealing with EVs and Hydrogen powered cars, personnel have to get used to dealing with the specifics in real life. Undoubtedly, the number of these registrations is climbing. As is the danger. Hybrids and EVs have up to 650volts running through the cables. By comparison: 230volts is what comes through your normal household socket. Cutting through a car's electric cable can lead to serious injuries.

When cutting open Hydrogen powered vehicles rescuers also have to work carefully: where are the cable runs, where is the gas tank, and where are the safety vents allowing gas to escape in case of a fire? This important information can be found by Fire-Rescue on the ADAC-Rescue Cards."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't think these are compulsory; but they are a service provided by the auto manufacturers and the ADAC (German version of the U.S. AAA). ADAC also provides a window sticker so that Fire-Rescue know you have one of these things in the event that they have to cut you out of your car.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about it and I believe it's pretty redundant for the Roadster. If you have a crash that bad, you're likely to be rescued through the roof (soft or hard), plus all the power and HV stuff is in the rear, plus CF tends to break up anyway, plus I wouldn't know where to put a window sticker....

Look under the front hood. There on the left side (driver's side for US cars) is a wire that can be cut that disables the ESS and the Airbags. It has a yellow warning around it.
For a 1.5 Roadster the location is on the rear right of the car, along the right edge of the PEM. But I am not sure it also disables the ESS. On the 1.5 it appears to only disable the SRS, but the fact that is located along the PEM where the main HV cables attach ... hmmm ... does anyone know for sure ?