TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Research study opportunity for Tesla owners

Discussion in 'Model S' started by obrien28, Jan 14, 2016.

1. obrien28

obrien28 Midnight Engineer

I got contacted a few months ago by some researchers at a major university who are interested in studying driver behavior and interaction with in-car technology (including autonomous driving capabilities) to improve vehicle safety and better understand the effectiveness of different technologies. They asked me if I knew any interested Model S owners, I said yes and have reached out to people I know personally from the forums, however, I figured I would open this up to the broader TMC community to see if anybody else was interested. They are offering approximately $1,000 to participants who are in the study for at least 1 year (price breakdown available by request).

Requirements:
    Must own a Model S (or X)

Optional (but nice to have):
    Autopilot functionally/parking sensors
    Live in the Massachusetts area (or vicinity e.g. VT, CT, NY)
    Be comfortable with technical terminology (engineers and IT people I'm looking at you!)
    Like providing feedback/answering brief questionnaires

If this sounds like something you might be interested in please send me a PM or email obrien28 (at) me dot com, with the following information:
    • Your Name
    • Email Address
    • Which car you own: (e.g. 2015 MS85D, 2013 MS60)
    • Autopilot functionality: yes/no
    • Anything else you feel is relevant to your participation

Also, if you don't own a Model S but know somebody who does (and think they might be interested) please share this with them.

Notes on privacy:
    • Privacy is of the utmost concern (given the nature of some of the information) so all data would be stored securely on their servers with the option to permanently delete any of the data at your request, you may also leave the study at anytime. Again this is something they are taking very seriously, if you have any questions regarding privacy please contact me for further details.
    • As part of the study your car would be equipped with 3 road and face tracking cameras, audio (for road noise measurements), GPS, and vehicle telemetry (steering wheel position, accelerator, braking signals, etc via the CAN bus).
    • They realize that not everyone wants to drive what looks like an automotive test mule, so all equipment that is installed is removable, has a small form-factor, and does not modify or damage the vehicle in any way.