Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Research: Will imposing tax on Tesla cars really improve air pollution?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Vehicles do not emit any gaseous pollution on streets because they are battery-powered, unlike other conventional private cars which work on combustion engines. It is interesting to see that despite knowing the severity of the roadside pollution in different traffic-prone areas, the government has re-imposed the first-registration tax on it (accompanied with other policies such as a small tax break and the swapping policy). Hi all, I am a Form 6 IB Student at PLK Ngan Po Ling College, and am willing to explore upon the effectiveness of this policy in curbing roadside pollution in Hong Kong for my economics research paper. All your thoughts and opinions shall be very valuable for me to get quality understanding of the Hong Kong market for electric vehicles. I would sincerely appreciate it if you could spare 10 minutes of your time to fill out my questionnaire. All information will be kept strictly confidential. Thanks in advance!

Link to questionnaire: To what extent does the re-imposition of the first-registration tax on Tesla Vehicles improve the roadside air quality in the different traffic-prone areas of HK

Thank you very much.