Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Researching my Next Tesla Purchase - Need some feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pay the few extra grand and get a refresh one. If financing the interest rate will likely be lower. You'll have a lot more warranty. Just setup an Autotempest search and do some clicking. I have found that most dealers are willing to negotiate very aggressively on a Tesla right now. They are concerned about the price volatility and would rather sink their money in a pickup truck which is much easier for them to resell than a high dollar EV sedan.

Here is a refreshed one that the have at 73 but had it listed lower, at 69 and might be worth a try.

Here is one at 69

At 71 but only 7k miles. At a Ford dealer so likely could get it for a lot less.

72 with 8k miles at a dealer. Bargain hard.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
All of these are good except this one. I would NOT touch anything from this dealership. I dealt with them when trying to buy a tesla a few months ago. Not a great experience
Good to know. Hopefully OP got the message that there are likely options in the upper end of the price range that would be much better long term. The refreshed S is a great car with a only few minor issues from my experience.

Reactions: pilotSteve
If you have the budget, definitely worth spend a bit more if you can. My S, other than my irritation of having the yoke and the removal of the stalks, is one of the best cars I've ever owned for its intended purpose. It is so effortlessly quick (even the LR), that it sometimes is boring. Mine is quiet, handles nicely (if you consider as more of a GT car), efficient and all the tech generally works well except when Tesla starts to de-content to save $$$.

Go find some locally (refresh and older) and drive them and see the differences. Then be willing to shop nationally to find the deal you are looking for.

If you have the budget, definitely worth spend a bit more if you can. My S, other than my irritation of having the yoke and the removal of the stalks, is one of the best cars I've ever owned for its intended purpose. It is so effortlessly quick (even the LR), that it sometimes is boring. Mine is quiet, handles nicely (if you consider as more of a GT car), efficient and all the tech generally works well except when Tesla starts to de-content to save $$$.

Go find some locally (refresh and older) and drive them and see the differences. Then be willing to shop nationally to find the deal you are looking for.
I would agree if you can swing it spend more. The savings you'll get overall regardless are worth it. I would've spent more but my price range was around 55-50k when I was buying 2 months ago. Ended up with a P100D 18' One of the best cars I've ever owned. Came from multiple high end bmw,merc,audis. If you can get the best of the best for the model S you are getting one hell of a car.

There's another listing here

He just lowered to 69k looks like a decent spec maybe you can get him to go lower lol

Having caught up on a bit of the market place and seeing the significant hit some have taken with respect to depreciation, what is the best value proposition if I am looking for something to drive for the next 2 - 3 years tops in my price range? Up to $65K would push it up to $70 if I found the right vehicle, but seems as though that would be dollars down the drain fairly quickly.

What are your priorities? I'd focus on those and go from there.

Personally I'd drop about the 70k and get a refreshed LR. All the upgrades add to the enjoyment of the car. On 19's you have a realistic summer range of about 360, drop about another 30 miles in the winters if not SUPER cold (below 0F).

I love driving my Plaid ever day even when not using its capabilities. It was just like my LR in that respect

I don't know your time frame, but if you are patient, I'm sure you'll see and 2021-2022 for close to your upper end shortly. I don't know if you are financing but typically interest rates are lower on newer cars and that could offset some of the price. Given inflation I would pay cash for it. Where I usually finance, they give me the new car rate for the current model year and back 1 year. Sometimes they've even gone 2 years.

Setup an autotempest.com search and go to town. That is what I did to find my Plaid.

Reactions: Biglou1228
What are your priorities? I'd focus on those and go from there.

Personally I'd drop about the 70k and get a refreshed LR. All the upgrades add to the enjoyment of the car. On 19's you have a realistic summer range of about 360, drop about another 30 miles in the winters if not SUPER cold (below 0F).

I love driving my Plaid ever day even when not using its capabilities. It was just like my LR in that respect

I don't know your time frame, but if you are patient, I'm sure you'll see and 2021-2022 for close to your upper end shortly. I don't know if you are financing but typically interest rates are lower on newer cars and that could offset some of the price. Given inflation I would pay cash for it. Where I usually finance, they give me the new car rate for the current model year and back 1 year. Sometimes they've even gone 2 years.

Setup an autotempest.com search and go to town. That is what I did to find my Plaid.
Thanks again I have done the autotempest search. pretty slick site.

Thanks again I have done the autotempest search. pretty slick site.
Don't forget to look at their Craigslist results as well. That site has saved me thousands of dollars. I just used their sister site, searchtempest but then they came out with the dedicated auto one. They can mail your results ever day as well.

Just be patient, flexible about area, flexible about criteria (other than model year) and check the results as often as you care. I was originally hunting an X Plaid but I stumbled onto an S Plaid, and then an ever better deal on a S Plaid a dealer 10 miles away from the X and S Plaid I was originally considering.

Don't forget to look at their Craigslist results as well. That site has saved me thousands of dollars. I just used their sister site, searchtempest but then they came out with the dedicated auto one. They can mail your results ever day as well.

Just be patient, flexible about area, flexible about criteria (other than model year) and check the results as often as you care. I was originally hunting an X Plaid but I stumbled onto an S Plaid, and then an ever better deal on a S Plaid a dealer 10 miles away from the X and S Plaid I was originally considering.
I can afford to be patient.