Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation available to configure now, has anyone transferred to another person.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about to complete the process whereby I am taking delivery of someone else's reservation. I will tell you it has been seamless so far. I logged into their Tesla account configured, gave my CC #, and paid the $2,500 with my credit card. I impatiently kept checking there account for the edit link button to go away. When it did, they received an email from the Tesla ISA which they forwarded to me. I am not sure if they ever received a phone call as they were out of the country. I reached out the next morning to the ISA, said I would be taking delivery and could they please change it over to my account. At this time the order already reflected that the car was being registered to me (which can be done at the time of configuration). She switch all communications to me directly, no longer going through original reservation holder. Said the car is not moved into my Tesla account until right after deliver. There are plenty of examples around as to how that is done post delivery. Received my draft purchase agreement today properly reflecting my name and information and delivery is now set for July 13th.

I just recieved an invite for AWD/P if anyone is interested. I’m a day 2 res holder with an S in the garage. I won’t be using it so I’m sure something can be worked out. PM me if interested. If I don’t respond right away it’s cause I work for the FD and I’m out.

I am about to complete the process whereby I am taking delivery of someone else's reservation. I will tell you it has been seamless so far. I logged into their Tesla account configured, gave my CC #, and paid the $2,500 with my credit card. I impatiently kept checking there account for the edit link button to go away. When it did, they received an email from the Tesla ISA which they forwarded to me. I am not sure if they ever received a phone call as they were out of the country. I reached out the next morning to the ISA, said I would be taking delivery and could they please change it over to my account. At this time the order already reflected that the car was being registered to me (which can be done at the time of configuration). She switch all communications to me directly, no longer going through original reservation holder. Said the car is not moved into my Tesla account until right after deliver. There are plenty of examples around as to how that is done post delivery. Received my draft purchase agreement today properly reflecting my name and information and delivery is now set for July 13th.

I have a similar situation to yours. My uncle is a reservation holder (June 2017) and received invitation to configure. So the car will be under your name from the get go? Which means it should not affect the tax credit? The tax credit is my main concern; I don't want transferring the car to me invalidate my eligibility to get the credit as it would help me a lot.

I have a similar situation to yours. My uncle is a reservation holder (June 2017) and received invitation to configure. So the car will be under your name from the get go? Which means it should not affect the tax credit? The tax credit is my main concern; I don't want transferring the car to me invalidate my eligibility to get the credit as it would help me a lot.