TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Reservation # gone from My Tesla page?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by carrerascott, Feb 11, 2013.

1. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

My Model S reservation # 13850 is gone from my My Tesla (My Garage) page.

I wonder if they're getting complaints of people getting cars out of order, so are making that info no longer available?

2. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

It's gone from my page as well.

3. vevans

vevans Member

Mine is gone also #10360.

4. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

I believe they are gone from all pages (at least for US customers).

5. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

Yup, mine is gone. As well, 14xxx

6. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

I wonder if new orders placed won't be told/given that reservation # anymore?

7. slyastro

slyastro Member

Mine is gone too ... so it seems it applies to Canadian customers too. What about European reservations#?

8. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

I can totally understand Tesla removing the sequence # to prevent people from complaining about out of order deliveries.

If the backlog has been brought down sufficiently, the sequence number could be replaced by the "delivery window". Though this will only make the inaccuracy of the delivery windows more of an issue; previously people would say "Oh, well, you're 5000 reservation numbers ahead of the most recent delivery, don't worry, everyone is delayed"; now everyone will be staring at the delivery date windows and freaking out even *more* when they don't get their cars on time.

It's gonna make it a LOT harder for MichiganModelS to track the reservation rate, however. We're going to have to wait for earnings calls and press releases now. Or perhaps we might be able to do something with the actual reservation numbers; I suspect they have an issuance sequence which someone can figure out.

9. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

And the suspicious part of me wonders if this is the real reason. Once they work through the backlog, then the correlation between reservation rate and sales figures is much more direct. Perhaps they don't want this information so visible, but not really "public". Hard to say at this point.

10. gsxrex

gsxrex Member

Good job guys. Tesla put the sequence number back on MyTesla page. I'm sure it's because of this thread. :tongue:

11. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Just saw that. Kind of surprised actually -- it's great to know, but I imagine it causes quite a few headaches over there ("Why didn't I get myyyyyy car before hiiiiiis because my sequence number is hiiiiigher....??!?"

;)

12. jchangyy

jchangyy Member

Yup...I see it now too.

13. DCWitt

DCWitt Member

P14,480 is now displayed again on "my tesla" page. Was gone, now is back.
    Interestingly, I also have a red "delivery" button, even thought I completed the delivery questionnaire back on Jan 25.

14. zolotoy

zolotoy P14,495

My number is gone again, and no Delivery button, I would definitely trade my P number display for delivery button so I know when I can get my car finally.

15. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I think it's probably good they do away with it. I understand why people want it but unless deliveries can be arranged to almost perfectly match sequence number, it just sets up people for disappointment and causes Tesla to field a lot of additional e-mails and phone calls. Hopefully they can simply give people an expected date range of delivery and be accurate on that front.

16. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Mine gone also.

17. jpasqua

jpasqua P19325

Mine is gone too. 19325.

18. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

At this point, I don't see why they would even bother with sequence numbers.

The cars are not delivered in the order of their reservations, and production is at full speed with cars being delivered relatively quickly now.

19. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

My Model X reservation number and sequence number are still displayed when I check My Garage.