Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation # gone from My Tesla page?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can totally understand Tesla removing the sequence # to prevent people from complaining about out of order deliveries.

If the backlog has been brought down sufficiently, the sequence number could be replaced by the "delivery window". Though this will only make the inaccuracy of the delivery windows more of an issue; previously people would say "Oh, well, you're 5000 reservation numbers ahead of the most recent delivery, don't worry, everyone is delayed"; now everyone will be staring at the delivery date windows and freaking out even *more* when they don't get their cars on time.

It's gonna make it a LOT harder for MichiganModelS to track the reservation rate, however. We're going to have to wait for earnings calls and press releases now. Or perhaps we might be able to do something with the actual reservation numbers; I suspect they have an issuance sequence which someone can figure out.

It's gonna make it a LOT harder for MichiganModelS to track the reservation rate, however. We're going to have to wait for earnings calls and press releases now. Or perhaps we might be able to do something with the actual reservation numbers; I suspect they have an issuance sequence which someone can figure out.

And the suspicious part of me wonders if this is the real reason. Once they work through the backlog, then the correlation between reservation rate and sales figures is much more direct. Perhaps they don't want this information so visible, but not really "public". Hard to say at this point.

I think it's probably good they do away with it. I understand why people want it but unless deliveries can be arranged to almost perfectly match sequence number, it just sets up people for disappointment and causes Tesla to field a lot of additional e-mails and phone calls. Hopefully they can simply give people an expected date range of delivery and be accurate on that front.

I think it's probably good they do away with it. I understand why people want it but unless deliveries can be arranged to almost perfectly match sequence number, it just sets up people for disappointment and causes Tesla to field a lot of additional e-mails and phone calls. Hopefully they can simply give people an expected date range of delivery and be accurate on that front.

Mine gone also.